In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Gitcoin, if you are planning to buy GTC token – You’re in the right place!
The internet has opened up hitherto unimagined possibilities for cooperation and invention. Now, web3 technologies such as open source protocols and decentralized blockchains enable everyone to take co-creation to new heights. This technology is used by the Gitcoin community to fund and construct digital public goods projects that benefit everyone and solve the most pressing challenges.
GTC is the governance token that is being utilized to decentralize Gitcoin into a DAO (GitcoinDAO) ecosystem, with the goal of collaboratively funding the next generation of public goods. GitcoinDAO aspires to be the finest venue to construct and fund digital infrastructure cooperatively. GitcoinDAO and their ecosystem partners aim to help develop the biggest and boldest open source initiatives, as well as double down on what succeeds. Gitcoin will construct tomorrow’s digital public infrastructure by supporting projects, fostering community, and making learning resources available.
Table of Contents
Gitcoin (GTC) Features
- Bounties. Both funders and contributors gain from this functionality. Funders can create a bounty to support a well-defined issue on their Github repo that is a suitable candidate for external involvement. Funders then cooperate with a Gitcoiner to execute a job on time. Meanwhile, contributors may identify an open bounty, work on a project, cooperate, learn, contribute to open source projects, and, of course, be paid.
- Hackathons. Anyone may make great things, learn new technology, promote the open source ecosystem, and win money and rewards.
- Grants. There are several popular and intriguing awards available from the Gitcoin community.
- Kernel. It is a unique web3 educational community where members may gain access to an open, peer-to-peer, lifetime network of amazing folks, and one block at a time. Each block can handle 250 people and lasts 8 weeks. It is a one-of-a-kind experience.
- Gitcoin Quests. It’s a fun, gamified approach to learn about the web3 ecosystem while competing with peers and earning rewards.
- Kudos. Kudos are used to express gratitude to another Gitcoin member. It’s also a method for members to show off their specific abilities, such as Design Star or Pythonista. The Kudos Marketplace allows people to buy and sell Kudos tokens
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Gitcoin aka GTC
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Gitcoin (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Gitcoin as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Gitcoin. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Gitcoin currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Gitcoin
- Store your Gitcoin to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Gitcoin, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Gitcoin:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the GTC/BTC or GTC/ETH or GTC/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you GTC/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy Gitcoin (GTC)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Gitcoin (GTC) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Gitcoin (GTC) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Gitcoin. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Gitcoin (GTC) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Gitcoin (GTC) with Skrill?
You can’t buy GTC directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Gitcoin. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Gitcoin (GTC) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair GTC/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Gitcoin (GTC) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support GTC/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Gitcoin (GTC)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the Gitcoin right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Gitcoin (GTC)?
Once you have purchased the Gitcoin, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Gitcoin (GTC)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing GTC with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Gitcoin (GTC) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Gitcoin is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Regardless of the cryptocurrency market’s uncertainties, the Gitcoin community will continue to develop since it is an open, empowering, and collaborative community where anybody can earn by participating in sponsored hackathons, bounties, and supported community awards. They may also gain blockchain expertise, network with top Web3 engineers, and contribute to relevant open source initiatives. The more individuals that utilize the platform to get paid by working on open source software, the higher the value of GTC.