In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Helium, if you are planning to buy HNT – You’re in the right place!
Helium Coin is a platform designed and created to provide decentralized wireless system for users all over the world. It is based on IoT (Internet of Things) and the fact that all the devices would be connected to the internet.
This industry is worth $800 billion, and there are 8.4 billion of devices to online. This connection, naturally, needs internet. The problem is, today’s Bluetooth, WiFi, and cellular are too power-consuming, too limited (in range), and too pricey. Helium Coin wants to change it. The platform introduces decentralized people’s wireless network, enabling all devices to connect to the net wirelessly without the costly cellular plans or the power-hungry hardware.
Decentralizing wireless networks like the one done by the Helium Network always becomes a quite interesting project, thanks to the blockchain that has allowed for the decentralization of many kinds of things. Helium (HNT) is currently growing fast and this can be a way for anyone who wants to mine cryptocurrency in a cost-effective way. In addition to be affordable, it promises to be scalable, making wireless connectivity available to millions of chipsets, sensors, and devices.
As a distributed and global long-range wireless network, the Helium Network is providing IoT devices coverage enabling LoRaWAN. This network consists of Hotspots providing public network coverage. People can get this coverage by paying with HNT, the Helium’s native cryptocurrency. In order to give the incentive for running Hotspots, the network is also integrated with the Helium blockchain.
Helium (HNT) Features
- The special Helium network. The platform comes with unique blockchain system that will authenticate and identify devices, provide cryptographic data transmission guarantee, and such thing alike.
- Helium Consensus Protocol. This is a new protocol that focuses on high throughput, permission-less environment, and censor-resistant system
- WHIP. It is a standard open source protocol for the new wireless network that can work for vast areas without consuming too much power. It is designed to operate and run within the existing system
- Proof of Location. The system can interpret a device’s physical geolocation without having to access the hardware that is generally expensive and consumes a lot of power. The device has the power to make verifiable, secure, and immutable claims related to the location within given time.
- DWN or Decentralized Wireless Network. This one provides the (wireless) access to the net.
- Co-op system. Everyone in the system is working together and for their work, they are given rewards as a token of appreciation
- Proof of Coverage. Helium network utilizes Proof of Coverage so that the connected devices using the network gets reliable wireless network coverage. Specifically, Proof of Coverage has some properties that interrogate Hotspots depending on their coverage and location. As a result, the network can use the data constantly to precisely verify the exact wireless coverage of the Hotspots.
- HoneyBadger BFT Protocol. This protocol is originally created and designed through research conducted by a team led by Andrew Miller. With the protocol, a collection of known nodes is able to attain consensus over a set of unreliable links. In the Helium network, the consensus group of elected Hotspots receives encrypted transaction and reaches an agreement to decide how the transactions should be ordered. This scheme results in a proper threshold encryption.
- The Helium Hotspot. This is the physical device used on the Helium network for broadcasting and mining. Users should purchase one from a third-party manufacturer whenever they want to run a Hotspot in the network. There are currently 5 different models of Hotspots available at the Helios website store to purchase.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Helium aka HNT
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Helium (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Helium as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to Helium. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Helium currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the Helium
- Store your Helium to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Helium, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with Helium:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/HNT or ETH/HNT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Helium (HNT) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Helium (HNT) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Helium. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Helium (HNT) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Helium (HNT) with Skrill?
You can’t buy HNT directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Helium. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Helium (HNT) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/HNT and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Helium (HNT) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/HNT trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Helium (HNT)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Helium right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Helium (HNT)?
Once you have purchased the Helium, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Helium (HNT)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing HNT with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Helium (HNT) and Not Buying It?
Yes, you can.
If you are interested in the idea that you can take part in people’s wireless solution, which will give you solid internet connection without the high cost, then you should join this platform. The world today is dominated by technology and internet connection. Imagine how it will be in the future if people’s wireless system comes true. Moreover, you can choose to mine or to use the platform. Learn how to buy Helium Coin to access the service.