In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Steem Coin, if you are planning to buy STEEM – You’re in the right place!
Steem Coin as cryptocurrency in social network which created using blockchain to decentralized and democratize the way the network works so revenue will comes straight to users from advertisers. It is created in 2016 and the blockchain is running blogging and social network with platform where social networking and content creation can be done. Then users will be awarded with the coin when making some contribution throughout the website.
The website is running under PoB algorithm and work in similar ways as other portals with various ways to earn the token. The algorithm is used to determine the content value that users added to the platform.
A lot of people often think of Steem as a platform for social media. In reality, Steem is a platform that focuses on community – and it gives back to the users. How can they do it? They create instant earning chances for users who contribute their contents. After users post or display their (curated) contents online, they will be paid with cryptocurrency. After that, they are free to do whatever they want with the cryptocurrency, whether they want to stake it, exchange it, spend it, or have it exchanged with fiat money.
The basic concept of Steem is that those contributing to the growth and use of the platform should be rewarded. They also believe that serving the community members is more important, especially through providing different kinds of financial opportunities and services. In Steem, users can help to grow communities. The community platform makes revenue streams right away (for users) through special reward after they share contents through social apps, such as Steemit.
- Official site: https://steem.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/steemit
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/steemit/
- Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5122345.0
- White Paper: https://steem.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/steem-whitepaper.pdf
STEEM COIN (STEEM) Features
- Blockchain algorithm. With the use of blockchain in Steem Coin network it is easier to determine the content value from users.
- Contribution. Steem Coin can be earned through various contribution method such as content creating, commenting, voting, and many others.
- Exchange. Steem Coin is used as currency on the network, but it can be exchanged to other fiat currencies.
- No limit. The amount of Steem Coin continues to increase yearly, thus there is no limit for the number of coin that users can earn.
- Usage. Steem Coin can be used for both corporate for promotion and writers for earning and build portfolio.
- Community and user driven. Whereas most social media platforms or apps are still concerned about the profits, Steem is more concerned about their users. Moreover, it offers supports for users and communities, especially those who contribute or provide input to the environment
- Blockchain technology. Unlike other platforms that are centralized and ‘controlled’, this one is more open and non-custodial. There won’t be any data abuse or downtime, with automatic recording time and perfectly secured environment.
- Reward given. Those who participate in the platform, especially in sharing contents, would be rewarded. Has any of you ever been rewarded by the social media you are using for every post you have made?
- Users focus. All these years, social media apps have made their fortune from their users but what have users gained in return? Nothing. With Steem, however, users are given the opportunity to finally reap some gain and financial reward.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade STEEM COIN aka STEEM
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the STEEM COIN (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the STEEM COIN as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to STEEM COIN. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports STEEM COIN currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the STEEM COIN
- Store your STEEM COIN to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
Click here to register (opens in new tab)
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying STEEM COIN, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with STEEM COIN:
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency Only
- Fiat Currencies: N/A
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BCH, EOS, TRX, ONT, ETH, BTC, BTM, AE, OCN, ADA, IHT, XRP, ETC, NAS, LTC, & over 565+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1118+
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency, Express Polish Post Office 24/7, Wire transfer, GBP bank transfers
- Fiat Currencies: USD, EUR, PLN, GBP and 47+ More
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, TRX, LTC, DASH, XMR, XLM, OMG & 512+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1044+
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/STEEM or ETH/STEEM trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your STEEM COIN (STEEM) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy STEEM COIN (STEEM) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the STEEM COIN. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy STEEM COIN (STEEM) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy STEEM COIN (STEEM) with Skrill?
You can’t buy STEEM directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to STEEM COIN. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy STEEM COIN (STEEM) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/STEEM and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy STEEM COIN (STEEM) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/STEEM trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy STEEM COIN (STEEM)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the STEEM COIN right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect STEEM COIN (STEEM)?
Once you have purchased the STEEM COIN, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell STEEM COIN (STEEM)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing STEEM with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine STEEM COIN (STEEM) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a STEEM COIN is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Steem Coin as cryptocurrency is used in a social network created using blockchain technology. This website allows users to earn the coin whenever they create content while the advertiser and corporate use the coin in exchange for the promotion. With 100% increase rate, there is no limit on the number of coins that the users can earn. This is why, those that want to take part might want to learn how to buy Steem Coin to be part of the social network.