In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy THETA, if you are planning to buy THETA – You’re in the right place!
Theta as cryptocurrency is build for a platform of content delivery based on blockchain that allows for high bandwidth to be delivered with decentralized technology. The ICO is done in 8th of January 2018. The main network support various famous video platform such as Samsung VR, Theta.TV, CJHello, MBN, SILVER.TV, pandora.tv, and many others. As those video platforms need not only data storage but also bandwidth and transfer speed to operate, then blockchain technology can fulfill them by providing better platform and network.
THETA (THETA) Features
- Reward. Viewers can earn direct reward in the form of Theta Fuel by sharing their bandwidth as well as resources for the network.
- Fast streaming. Theta worked in P2P system with decentralized system to provide fast streaming that can be delivered globally everywhere in world.
- More affordable. Compared to other platform Theta can be used in less cost as video platform does not need to build their own infrastructure.
- Open source. Theta using open source system for their protocol and network so their partner and developers can build using their network.
- DApps. Theta allows video platform to build DApps with decentralized system in blockchain network to be used by their audience.
- Multiple content. As Theta support various video platform there are multiple content.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade THETA
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the THETA (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the THETA as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to THETA. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports THETA currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the THETA
- Store your THETA to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying THETA, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with THETA:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/THETA or ETH/THETA trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your THETA, We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy THETA with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the THETA. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy THETA with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy THETA with Skrill?
You can’t buy THETA directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to THETA. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy THETA with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/THETA and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy THETA with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/THETA trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy THETA?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the THETA right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect THETA?
Once you have purchased the THETA, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell THETA?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing THETA with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine THETA and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a THETA is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Theta as cryptocurrency is very useful since it is used by various video platform that provide multiple content for various audience. This means, the market is large and promising. With direct reward for those who share their bandwidth as well as resources, people need to learn how to buy Theta to gain the benefit. Furthermore, video partner that uses the network will also gain benefit to gain better platform with less cost. Open source system allows developer to upgrade the network.