In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Firo, if you are planning to buy FIRO – You’re in the right place!
Firo is a platform designed to provide true freedom and privacy to individuals. It provides access to every person to have a full and complete control over their money. Firo is created to solve common issues related to centralized financial system. Whereas the owners of the money have access to it, they don’t have full control over it. The decentralized system implemented by the government and banks have made them lose their freedom and ability to do whatever they want with the money. However, everything is about to change with Firo.
With this platform, the control and total freedom is brought back to the owner, providing full control. Moreover, if the owners wish it, they can remove all of the traces of transactions and information. In the end, they can enjoy private operation and mechanism. In reality, Firo isn’t exactly a new thing. It was previously known as Zcoin, the first privacy platform (for digital currency) that makes it possible for untraceable transactions to happen. The developer is still maintaining the concept from Zcoin, but with better technology and innovations.
Firo (FIRO) Features
- MTP algorithm. Firo uses this algorithm aiming for democratic (and free) mining without having to sacrifice fast validation. The platform has plans to turn to ProgPOW variant in order to deal with big proofing sizes of MTP while resistant to ASIC/FPGA at the same time.
- Honest use of rewards. Around 15% of the block rewards would go to the development funds. They are used to finance the projects and others that would be useful in boosting Firo’s adoption well. The funds will go to community managers, bug bounties, researchers and coders, infrastructure overheads, integration costs, audits, and translation work.
- Improved and solid privacy standard. The developer has focused on advanced technologies to improve safety and privacy. They have renewed what has done before in Zcoin. After all, Zcoin, has been proven to be the premium standard of on-chain and trustless privacy since 2016.
- Solid community. The community also plays an important role in blockchain development and also independent research.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Firo aka FIRO
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Firo (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Firo as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to Firo. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Firo currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the Firo
- Store your Firo to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Firo, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with Firo:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/FIRO or ETH/FIRO trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Firo (FIRO) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Firo (FIRO) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Firo. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Firo (FIRO) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Firo (FIRO) with Skrill?
You can’t buy FIRO directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Firo. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Firo (FIRO) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/FIRO and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Firo (FIRO) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/FIRO trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Firo (FIRO)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Firo right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Firo (FIRO)?
Once you have purchased the Firo, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Firo (FIRO)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing FIRO with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Firo (FIRO) and Not Buying It?
Yes, you can.
Firo has brought up new technologies and improvement to the decentralized and blockchain technology, designed to improve privacy and security. The idea is to create simple and easy transaction without having to worry about any prying eyes or complicated operational chains. There are also benefits to enjoy from accessing the token. Firo is a perfect platform for those wanting to have freedom in doing payments or transactions with full control over your hand.