In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Balancer token, if you are planning to buy BAL – You’re in the right place!
Balance is a protocol focusing on multi token Automated Market Making (AMM). The team of Balance sees AMM as a convenient tool in the DeFi world. This tool is the key in more comfortable pricing and trading process. On Balancer, liquidity providers serve as portfolio owners where they can make pools in the platform to let traders trade against them.
Compared to other DeFi platforms, the balance in Balance pools is a little bit difference. On these pools, there is no limit for fifty-fifty balance. Instead, the pool can consist of two or more tokens gaining independent weight. Everyone on the platform can access the pools. Every pool acts as an AMM that enables users to easily swap their tokens.
Table of Contents
Balancer (BAL) Features
- Balancer Pools. This is the place where all swapping and trading happen in the platform. The pools are considered as an AMM and they are a necessary component in the protocol. The Balancer protocol is used to hold the value of ERC-20 tokens. In order to provide liquidity in the pools, pool owners need incentives.
- Controlled/private pools. Different pools have different needs. Controlled pools are designed for private purposes where external liquidity providers are not forbidden. The creator solely determine the configuration of the pool and the pool can be customized.
- Shared/public pools. Unlike private pools, these pools are open to all players. The pool configuration is final thus cannot be customized.
- Balancer Swap. One of the fundamental use cases for Balancer pools is swapping ERC20 tokens. Balancer platform offers the opportunity to swap the tokens in multiple public and private pools.
- BAL – The Governance Token. BAL, as the governance token makes it possible for users to take part in the upgrade and change processes. The token plays a significant role in driving all activities in the platform.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Balancer aka BAL
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Balancer (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Balancer as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to Balancer. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Balancer currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the Balancer
- Store your Balancer to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Balancer, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with Balancer:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/BAL or ETH/BAL trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Balancer (BAL) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Balancer (BAL) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Balancer. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Balancer (BAL) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Balancer (BAL) with Skrill?
You can’t buy BAL directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Balancer. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Balancer (BAL) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/BAL and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Balancer (BAL) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/BAL trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Balancer (BAL)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Balancer right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Balancer (BAL)?
Once you have purchased the Balancer, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Balancer (BAL)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing BAL with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Balancer (BAL) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Balancer is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Balancer protocol and its core platform has been audited and reviewed by some major institutions. In addition, it has multiple safeguards that prevent untrusted tokens to be added to the pools. Therefore, it is obvious that the protocol is safe. Being safe means Balancer can be a great option for anyone looking for innovative trading option. It is predicted that more people will be attracted to join this modern financial platform. Of course, they should know about the possible risks of DeFi platforms.