In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy HOPR, if you are planning to buy HOPR token – You’re in the right place!
HOPR (it should be read as Hopper) is a decentralized protocol that makes sure that everyone has a complete control over their identity, data, and privacy. It is a messaging protocol with privacy preserving nature as well as decentralized network with economic rewards within the blockchain.
The way the platform offers privacy is through message relay through several ‘hops’. It is done through different (relay) nodes being connected to the network. Moreover, these messages use the so-called Sphinx packet format that will avoid any data leakage about the recipient, sender, or contents. The network itself depend on multiple individuals whose responsibility is to run instances of the HP-CS (HOPR Core Service) over the infrastructure available for public. This HP-CS operates in multiple operating systems and devices over the net.
Basically, HOPR is about message layer. Instead of sending messages directly (for instance, from point A to point B), the platform would send the messages through series of (intermediate) steps. From point A, the message is sent to receiver Z through nodes C, D, and more.
HOPR (HOPR) Features
- Mixnets protocol. Also known as routing protocol, the system will shuffle data around, making it super difficult to track.
- Data protection. The platform uses a technology to cover traffic, which is believed to improve further data protection. This technology is about a process to send out empty data (packages) throughout mixnet in order to challenge data misuse and interception further.
- Payment layer. Besides message layer, the platform also incorporates payment layer, which is believed to solve the common issues related to rewarding the node operators. Moreover, the payment system is pretty unique and different, but it does deliver fair reward system. Whenever data is sent (via HOPR network), the reward would be generated for every node within the chain. However, the payment can’t be claimed because a cryptographic key locks it. When the user has the entire key, then he/she can claim it.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade HOPR
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the HOPR (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the HOPR as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to HOPR. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports HOPR currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the HOPR
- Store your HOPR to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying HOPR, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with HOPR:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the HOPR/BTC or HOPR/ETH or HOPR/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you HOPR/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy HOPR (HOPR)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your HOPR (HOPR) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy HOPR (HOPR) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the HOPR. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy HOPR (HOPR) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy HOPR (HOPR) with Skrill?
You can’t buy HOPR directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to HOPR. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy HOPR (HOPR) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair HOPR/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy HOPR (HOPR) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support HOPR/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy HOPR (HOPR)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the HOPR right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect HOPR (HOPR)?
Once you have purchased the HOPR, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell HOPR (HOPR)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing HOPR with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine HOPR (HOPR) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a HOPR is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Users won’t have to worry about their data or privacy because the platform uses layers (for messages and also payments) to make sure that privacy is maintained. Only those who have the rights (to send or receive the message or to claim the payment) would be able to get the benefits and also the rewards. It may not be for everyone, but those interested in joining must buy HOPR.