In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy API3, if you are planning to buy API3 token – You’re in the right place!
API3 is a decentralized platform enabling dApps with blockchain basis to access global services and data through (standard) APIs. Developers should be able to make use of real-world data via the (pre-built) plug and play interface. They do it to access certain information types, such as payment details or locations without the need of external middlemen or servers.
APIs or Application Programming Interfaces refer to the protocols enabling services and data transfer between applications, typically within a well-documented format or format. It’s done because smart contracts often meet challenges to access the dependable data. That’s why there are APIs to solve the issues.
The platform’s main goal is to enable APIs’ decentralized versions to be managed, built, and then monetized at certain scales. Through the provided technology, smart contracts are now able to provide reliable and timely real-world data. Since smart contracts can’t somewhat establish a connection (directly) with APIs for the newest (and latest) data, they need oracles. However, oracle is oracle – a type of middleman between smart contracts and APIs that lead to centralization and increase costs. With API3, they can get around this issue. They enable API providers to run their own nodes and operate those nodes.
- Official website: https://api3.org/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/API3DAO
- Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/API3
- Whitepaper: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JMVwk9pkGF7hvjkuu6ABA0-FrhRTzAwF/view
API3 (API3) Features
- Beacons. This is the first party and also lightweight data feeds, able to scale data access and reduce cost for Web3. Thanks to this feature, smart contract developers are able to connect to (Web3) applications so they can update streams of data continuously, like commodities, stock, and crypto prices. Beacons are cost efficient, transparent, and scalable technology.
- Web3 APIs. To succeed, Web3 requires off-chain services and also context-specific APIs. That’s why this platform enables Web3 APIs to be directly called from the smart contracts.
- API3 Alliance. Web3 has been the biggest growth (for businesses) ever since the www. However, traditional businesses have problems accessing it. The API3 alliance, however, changes it. Before the internet gets crowded, interested users can join API3 alliance.
- Airnode. It is the middleware Web3 connecting (web) APIs to smart contracts directly. It is designed to solve Web3 accessibility issues, especially the inability to access and implement real-world services and data.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade API3
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the API3 (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the API3 as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to API3. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports API3 currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the API3
- Store your API3 to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
Click here to register (opens in new tab)
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying API3, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with API3:
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency Only
- Fiat Currencies: N/A
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BCH, EOS, TRX, ONT, ETH, BTC, BTM, AE, OCN, ADA, IHT, XRP, ETC, NAS, LTC, & over 1040+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1801+
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency, Express Polish Post Office 24/7, Wire transfer, GBP bank transfers
- Fiat Currencies: USD, EUR, PLN, GBP and 47+ More
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, TRX, LTC, DASH, XMR, XLM, OMG & 512+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1044+
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the API3/BTC or API3/ETH or API3/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you API3/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy API3 (API3)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your API3 (API3) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy API3 (API3) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the API3. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy API3 (API3) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy API3 (API3) with Skrill?
You can’t buy API3 directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to API3. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy API3 (API3) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair API3/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy API3 (API3) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support API3/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy API3 (API3)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the API3 right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect API3 (API3)?
Once you have purchased the API3, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell API3 (API3)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing API3 with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine API3 (API3) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a API3 is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
API3 wants to create a platform where it is possible for developers (and the smart contracts) to gain access to real-world data directly without having to use oracles. This achievement should be able to make operation cheaper and somewhat faster (and more efficient). The only way to access the platform is through token purchase where interested users have to buy API3.