In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy NEO, if you are planning to buy NEO – You’re in the right place!
NEO as both cryptocurrency and blockchain is created to change asset into digital form by utilizing smart contract so blockchain can be used by bigger mass. Programming languages that are common also supported but the technology is improved in order to make it stronger from hackers compared to Ethereum. It is rebranded from previous cryptocurrency called Antshares which becomes NEO since June 2017. With unique algorithm, the blockchain can support assets identification, decentralized commerce, and assets digitization. With the blockchain technology, physical assets such as shares or money can be turned into digital form to be exchanged on NEO platform in P2P system.
NEO (NEO) Features
- Supporting platform. NEO has its own platform that can be used to build decentralize applications using blockchain technology.
- Assets digitization. Physical assets can be turned into digital assets with smart contract in decentralized system.
- Digital identity. Entities, individual or companies can create their own electronic information as identity using NEO.
- Language support. The smart contract used in NEO system can support various language program so developers do not need to learn new language.
- DApps. Various decentralized application can be built under NEO platform using better technique and tools.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade NEO aka NEO
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the NEO (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the NEO as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to NEO. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports NEO currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the NEO
- Store your NEO to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying NEO, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with NEO:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/NEO or ETH/NEO trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your NEO (NEO) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy NEO (NEO) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the NEO. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy NEO (NEO) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy NEO (NEO) with Skrill?
You can’t buy NEO directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to NEO. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy NEO (NEO) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/NEO and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy NEO (NEO) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/NEO trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy NEO (NEO)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the NEO right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect NEO (NEO)?
Once you have purchased the NEO, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell NEO (NEO)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing NEO with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine NEO (NEO) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a NEO is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
NEO as cryptocurrency that can be used to turn your physical asset into digital form which then can be trade in blockchain through NEO platform. This means, more things can be trade in blockchain and more people will access the system. While it is not mineable, NEO gives more security to the users because of the physical form support. That is why, a lot people learn how to buy NEO can be a good way to invest into this platform.