In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Lunyr, if you are planning to buy LUN token – You’re in the right place!
Anyone familiar with crowdsourced encyclopedia would understand how Lunyr works. The platform is designed as a (decentralized) platform with Ethereum basis that will reward users. The users are given app tokens when they contribute information. The platform also uses peer reviewing concept, which means that users can help one another while using and accessing the platform.
The platform wants to be a starting point (for the internet) to find accurate and reliable information. It also has a long term vision (and mission) to develop API’s knowledge base so developers are able to use it to create (decentralized) applications in Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, and others. Think of Lunyr as this sophisticated digital encyclopedia that can combine Wikipedia philosophy and blockchain technology. LUN is the platform’s native cryptocurrency that is used to reward users. Whenever users contribute to the platform, they would be rewarded with LUN. The token itself can be used to advertise within the encyclopedia.
At the beginning, the platform only focused on crypto info. However, the platform has developed and more information can be found there, with subjects covering finance, technology, science, and others. This is a platform set up with Andrew Tran, Arnold Pham, and Christopher Smith. The platform was designed as a DAO, meaning that the encyclopedia doesn’t have any centralized authority. The platform has desktop app that is available for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- Official website: https://lunyr.com/faq
- Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1818468
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LunyrInc
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Lunyr/
Lunyr (LUN) Features
- Peer to peer mechanism. The platform uses peer to peer system which means that everything is revolving around the users and themselves. The viewers are from the users and the ones assessing the contents are also the users. It’s a platform from the users for the users.
- Ethereum basis. As a crowdsource and decentralized encyclopedia, the platform is completely integrated to ETH ecosystem. The basic data and financial logic would be stored within the ETH public blockchain. The content (data, video, images, or texts) would be stored within the IPFS (InterPlanetary File System) file system.
- Safe security. The system is censorship resistant, as well as resistant to abusive data and texts. Its mechanism is similar to Wikipedia, but it is more advanced and sophisticated. The peer to peer characteristic is the one that makes it possible for improved protection and security.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Lunyr aka LUN
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Lunyr (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Lunyr as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Lunyr. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Lunyr currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Lunyr
- Store your Lunyr to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
Click here to register (opens in new tab)
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Lunyr, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Lunyr:
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency Only
- Fiat Currencies: N/A
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BCH, EOS, TRX, ONT, ETH, BTC, BTM, AE, OCN, ADA, IHT, XRP, ETC, NAS, LTC, & over 1040+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1801+
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency, Express Polish Post Office 24/7, Wire transfer, GBP bank transfers
- Fiat Currencies: USD, EUR, PLN, GBP and 47+ More
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, TRX, LTC, DASH, XMR, XLM, OMG & 512+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1044+
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the LUN/BTC or LUN/ETH or LUN/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you LUN/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy Lunyr (LUN)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Lunyr (LUN) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Lunyr (LUN) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Lunyr. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Lunyr (LUN) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Lunyr (LUN) with Skrill?
You can’t buy LUN directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Lunyr. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Lunyr (LUN) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair LUN/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Lunyr (LUN) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support LUN/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Lunyr (LUN)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the Lunyr right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Lunyr (LUN)?
Once you have purchased the Lunyr, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Lunyr (LUN)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing LUN with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Lunyr (LUN) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Lunyr is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Lunyr is created as a (decentralized) platform focusing on crowdsourcing encyclopedia constructed on Ethereum. Those who are interested in the platform’s concept and mission would be attracted to join the platform, but they need to buy Lunyr (LUN) first.