In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy XRP, if you are planning to buy XRP – You’re in the right place!
XRP is basically a digital asset created for payments that function as the native asset within XRP Ledger. Be advised that there is a deep correlation between XRP, RippleNet, and Ripple. RippleNet is a digital payment platform with XRP as the main currency. RippleNet itself is on the top part of XRP Ledger, a (distributed) ledger database. Ripple is the company running and operating RippleNet, while the XRP Ledger isn’t blockchain-based and it is open source.
As a distributed ledger database, the XRP Ledger is permissionless, decentralized, and scalable, able to manage transactions from 3 seconds to 5 seconds. Users can send the XRP directly without any central intermediary or whatsoever. It becomes a convenient instrument and payment tool that bridges two currencies efficiently and quickly. Customers on RippleNet are able to use XRP in cross border transactions to source liquidity, instead of focusing on the pre-funding activity.
XRP (XRP) Features
- Fast processing. With XRP, users can enjoy fast moving payments across XRP Ledger within 4 seconds. It has a fast performance processing.
- Scalable operation. The platform can handle around 1,500 transactions in each second. Moreover, it focuses on low cost operation too.
- Distributed ecosystem. The payments are run and managed by a decentralized ecosystem having more than 150 validators all over the world
- Stable run. The governance and technology have been proven to be stable, which makes it convenient and safe for enterprise, institution, and individual.
- Eco-friendly operation. XRP transactions can be settled within XRP Ledger and they can happen instantly. It’s even possible to do it without costly energy fees that are typically associated with PoW.
- Decentralized and public structure. The platform is open source, welcoming everyone to come and build on it. It’s the community that maintains the platform.
- Streamlined development. It has documentation and tools to speed up the development and to reduce marketing time.
- Vibrant and responsive community. The fact that businesses, users, validators, and developers are joining together make the XRP Ledger improved (and better) from day to day.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade XRP
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the XRP (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the XRP as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to XRP. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports XRP currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the XRP
- Store your XRP to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying XRP, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with XRP:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the XRP/BTC or XRP/ETH or XRP/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you XRP/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy XRP (XRP)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your XRP (XRP) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy XRP (XRP) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the XRP. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy XRP (XRP) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy XRP (XRP) with Skrill?
You can’t buy XRP directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to XRP. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy XRP (XRP) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair XRP/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy XRP (XRP) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support XRP/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy XRP (XRP)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the XRP right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect XRP (XRP)?
Once you have purchased the XRP, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell XRP (XRP)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing XRP with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine XRP (XRP) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a XRP is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Not only XRP is designed as a decentralized exchange, but it is able to perform cross currency payment within payment channels. Users who need digital assets for payments can benefits from the platform. However, the products aren’t only limited for payments, but they are also beneficial for remittance and also asset exchange. For long term use, it is beneficial for investment. Anyone interested in the platform must buy XRP because it is the only way to join.