In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Nervos Network, if you are planning to buy CKB – You’re in the right place!
Nervos Network is designed and built as a solid platform with construction that is (claimed) better than Bitcoin and Ethereum. Bitcoin may be the most trusted and secure blockchain platform in the world, but it can only store BTC (the native token). It isn’t created for future scaling possibility.
On the meanwhile, Ethereum is the most popular smart contract and token platform, but it has unsustainable and bloated system that burdens the ETH holders. Nervos Network is created as a public open source protocol collections and ecosystem – able to solve the challenges dealt by Ethereum and Bitcoin. Basically, this is a network and environment where crypto activities and platform become the main focus – especially with advanced technologies and sophisticated arrangement.
Ethereum blockchain may be one of the strongest networks ever existing, but it has its own downsides too. With more and more people turning to blockchain and digital operation, more data is needed – which means that more space and more work would be needed. As a result, speed and scalability of the platforms are often compromised, leading to sluggish, slow, and ineffective processing time.
Not to mention that transaction fees are skyrocketing and users can no longer hope for the tightest and most secured environment. Nervos Network is meant to address those issues. As a platform with crypto-economy focus, it uses layers of mechanism. Whereas layer one is dedicated for verification (for smart contracts, custodians, and trust root), layer 2 is for privacy protection and high-performance transactions.
Table of Contents
Nervos Network (CKB) Features
- Peer to peer system. The platform is using peer to peer system that focuses on direct interaction between the involved parties, without any intermediary. The idea is to eliminate the middle man or a third party that won’t only will remove the cost but also make the overall transaction easier.
- Low fee. Because of the elimination of the third party or middle man, cost can be minimized and be made as low as possible.
- Blockchain technology. This system provides transparent environment and yet super secure at the same time. The transparency promotes safe setting while the blockchain’s nature is about a solid system that no one can change or delete
- Smart contracts. With blockchain technology, smart contracts can be automatically expected. This is the type of contracts running on digital platform – everything is arranged and made automatically.
- Dual layer mechanism. With different layers, Nervos believes that they can maintain sound transaction without compromising safety or quality. These layers are handy for effective processing with fast time and low fees.
- CKB (Common Knowledge Base). Nervos has its own verification and storage layer which is believed to deliver effective high throughput without compromising privacy and protection.
- Permission less blockchain system. Everything is managed through smart contracts that will be executed once agreements between the involved parties are met.
- Solutions to Ethereum and Bitcoin issues. Through Nervos and the dual layers mechanism, the platform is designed to improve fast processing time while maintaining the safety of the data and the transaction itself.
- Proper reward. Everyone in the community will enjoy the same benefits as their functions. Users who perform transactions will enjoy low fees. Miners will be rewarded handsomely for their hard work. Holders, especially the long time ones, want to be sure that their investment is properly appreciated. Developers want more adoptions, which lead to them focusing on inexpensive purchase and sales. Basically, everyone would be properly addressed and rewarded, based on their role and contribution.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Nervos Network aka CKB
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Nervos Network (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Nervos Network as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to Nervos Network. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Nervos Network currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the Nervos Network
- Store your Nervos Network to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Nervos Network, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with Nervos Network:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/CKB or ETH/CKB trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Nervos Network (CKB) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Nervos Network (CKB) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Nervos Network. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Nervos Network (CKB) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Nervos Network (CKB) with Skrill?
You can’t buy CKB directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Nervos Network. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Nervos Network (CKB) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/CKB and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Nervos Network (CKB) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/CKB trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Nervos Network (CKB)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Nervos Network right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Nervos Network (CKB)?
Once you have purchased the Nervos Network, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Nervos Network (CKB)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing CKB with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Nervos Network (CKB) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Nervos Network is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Nervos Network is the type of platform that you want to consider if you want an advanced and secure network. It is a crypto network with better performance, stronger ability, and smoother service. Not only it is safer, but everything is arranged to be cheaper, faster, and more efficient. The platform offers you the opportunity to invest money – especially for future use.