In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy SALT, if you are planning to buy SALT token – You’re in the right place!
SALT is a decentralized protocol for lending and borrowing that enables users to secure cash loans by leveraging their blockchain assets. SALT uses Automated Lending Technology as an asset agnostic architecture and protocol designed to the continuously growing class of crypto assets. Users who hold an asset can borrow the asset they want to spend without worrying about geographic constraints or credit history. This lending platform is particularly designed for blockchain assets allowing users to use their underlying asset as credit collateral.
Furthermore, the SALT platform is designed to be efficient and cryptographically secure. Consumers can use the platform whenever they want or need cash to purchase something, but do not want to liquidate their assets. The platform allows its members to leverage their digital assets’ value instead of selling it. Therefore, they can get the access to cash while maintaining their long position in their holding asset and avoiding exchange fees.
Table of Contents
SALT (SALT) Features
- Secured Collateral Storage. Throughout the life of the loan, the blockchain assets underling the loan is securely stored in a fully audited multi-signature architecture. This feature includes streamlined arbitration, automated loan servicing, mitigated counterparty risk, non-custodial escrow, and scalable collateral management.
- Automated Collateral Management. The smart contract of SALT is specifically crafted for blockchain asset collateral management. The smart contract has an oracle that amalgamates real-time market price metrics to assess the collateral valuation. How it works simultaneously tracks the loan balance of the borrower.
- Credit Agreement Terms Enforcement. This feature performs a number of loan servicing functions independently. It tracks payments between the borrower and lender in a monthly base and monitors the loan origination, directing cash from the lender to the borrower. In case a borrower misses a payment, the system will automatically liquidates a part of the collateral and give the sale proceeds to the lender.
- No Additional Cost. Making things simple is the purpose of SALT. There are no closing costs, origination fees, and other additional costs. It’s very different from conventional loans that come with a myriad of itemized fees.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade SALT aka SALT
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the SALT (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the SALT as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to SALT. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports SALT currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the SALT
- Store your SALT to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying SALT, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with SALT:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the SALT/BTC or SALT/ETH or SALT/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you SALT/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy SALT (SALT)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your SALT (SALT) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy SALT (SALT) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the SALT. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy SALT (SALT) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy SALT (SALT) with Skrill?
You can’t buy SALT directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to SALT. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy SALT (SALT) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair SALT/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy SALT (SALT) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support SALT/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy SALT (SALT)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the SALT right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect SALT (SALT)?
Once you have purchased the SALT, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell SALT (SALT)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing SALT with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine SALT (SALT) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a SALT is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
As a lending platform specifically created for blockchain assets which serves as a second layer protocol sitting atop any permissioned or public blockchain, SALT has attracted a lot of members which drives the increasing value of SALT token. It is easy to understand why many people are interested in SALT. Not only does it offer lenders an efficient solution to access a borrower base, it also provides a set of new powerful tool to manage lender risk.