In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Starcoin, if you are planning to buy STC token – You’re in the right place!
Starcoin is a decentralized and modern (hierarchical) network for smart contract. The main purpose is to offer safe digital assets as well as a (decentralized) financial operation platform. It is designed in such a way so blockchain could be utilized and applied within more fields and with lower threshold. The inspiration for this platform is Libra project from Facebook in 2019. It is the public blockchain with permissionles system that can support Move ecosystem. When it comes to security, Starcoin inherits the superior quality of Bitcoin, enabling the platform to have the ability (and capacity) of handling high transactions throughput. They do it by introducing hierarchical network as well as improving PoW algorithm.
Starcoin wants to address the common issues that often faced by the blockchain: scalability. The layered network is meant to provide basic infrastructure as well as delivering decentralized technology. Layer I is about offering basic abilities to manage, produce, and trade digital assets. In this layer, users are able to safely define assets and perform asset transfer flexibly (and quickly) with smart contracts. Layer II is about dealing with performance and scalability issues during the exchange and transfer process. Starcoin layer II can take the data from layer I while layer I is able to calculation results verification for layer II. Basically, both layers are organically combined, allowing digital assets to circulate freely (between those layers).
Starcoin (STC) Features
- On chain governance. To support decentralization, community and governance aspects must be considered and adhered. The blockchain governance encompasses communication process and decision making. It encourages members to take part and take responsibility in caring for the platform.
- Layered network. Starcoin platform is about layers, which become one of the strong features of this protocol. In relation to security, the layered network is created in such a way so it would be solid and strong, where each layer has its own function and use.
- Move programming language. The platform uses Move, which is a unique programming language for digital assets expression. This language first appeared in Libra project from Facebook.
- Security. Starcoin doesn’t play around when it comes to safety and security. The platform has five security layers, in which each layer has its own functions, strength, and mechanism.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Starcoin aka STC
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Starcoin (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Starcoin as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Starcoin. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Starcoin currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Starcoin
- Store your Starcoin to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Starcoin, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Starcoin:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the STC/BTC or STC/ETH or STC/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you STC/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy Starcoin (STC)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Starcoin (STC) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Starcoin (STC) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Starcoin. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Starcoin (STC) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Starcoin (STC) with Skrill?
You can’t buy STC directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Starcoin. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Starcoin (STC) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair STC/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Starcoin (STC) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support STC/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Starcoin (STC)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the Starcoin right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Starcoin (STC)?
Once you have purchased the Starcoin, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Starcoin (STC)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing STC with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Starcoin (STC) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Starcoin is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
By using Bitcoin concept, Starcoin is able to benefit from the technology as well as allowing users greater profits at the same time. The advanced features are different and unique, and Starcoin is designed to help users gain access to those benefits. In case anyone is interested in joining the platform, they should buy Starcoin (STC) as the access.