In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Swerve, if you are planning to buy SWRV token – You’re in the right place!
Swerve is the fork from Curve Finance with its supportive and 100% governed (and also community-owned) ecosystem. The basic concept of Swerve is as a liquidity (exchange) pool focusing on stablecoins. It is a decentralized and autonomous organization which means that it uses ERC-20 token. Curve Finance is designed as a blockchain-based and decentralized platform powering and supporting stablecoins exchange. The main benefit is that stablecoins often lead to minor slippage – which increases the (profit) margin for the liquidity providers. Curve has its own DAO that can improve voting-distributed governance.
Unfortunately, Curve’s founder owns more than half of the token – which means that he owns more than half (voting) rights and power. Because of this reason, Swerve is created so there is a platform with similar nature and features to Curve, but it would have 100% community support – and owned 100% completely by the community. As it was mentioned before, Swerve is basically a cloning of Curve, but Swerve doesn’t have pre-mine, tokens’ extended distribution, a controlling shareholder or founder, and token allocation (for the shareholders).
Swerve (SWRV) Features
- Swerve token. It’s the native token in the platform – useful for the utility or the governance. Users can farm the token by using their Metamask wallet. Those who use Trezor, Dapper, or Ledger wallets can also farm the token. Those who take part in the liquidity pool are also rewarded with this token.
- Boost. This is a unique mechanism with reward gaming method. With Boost, liquidity providers are able to lock their SWRV up and get higher APY when compared to those who don’t boost.
- Profitable and advantageous platform. The founder claims that Swerve offers bigger percentage yields annually (on stablecoins) than other types of platforms. The platform also has better swap prices with lower fees.
- Transparent and safe environment. Curve as a DeFi offers tons of great benefits. However, with Swerve as the fork, users can expect an even safe environment. Everything in Swerve is designed to be open and transparent – no hidden secrets or whatsoever.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Swerve aka SWRV
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Swerve (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Swerve as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to Swerve. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Swerve currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the Swerve
- Store your Swerve to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Swerve, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with Swerve:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/SWRV or ETH/SWRV trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Swerve (SWRV) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Swerve (SWRV) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Swerve. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Swerve (SWRV) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Swerve (SWRV) with Skrill?
You can’t buy SWRV directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Swerve. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Swerve (SWRV) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/SWRV and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Swerve (SWRV) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/SWRV trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Swerve (SWRV)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Swerve right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Swerve (SWRV)?
Once you have purchased the Swerve, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Swerve (SWRV)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing SWRV with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Swerve (SWRV) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Swerve is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Swerve may be an ideal platform for those who are interested in Curve’s nature and environment, but want more openness and transparency. The platform is about 100% community governance and control, so there won’t be any ultimate leader or such thing alike. Better and more advanced technologies are being implemented to develop the platform, so users can expect positive potential outcome in the future. Be sure that users know how to buy Swerve (SWRV) to join the platform.