In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Beam, if you are planning to buy BEAM – You’re in the right place!
Despite the name, Beam coin is built on a robust and solid privacy coin. The idea is to create a cryptocurrency platform focuses on privacy-focused coin as well as the scalable one. Scalability and stability are two features that aren’t achieved easily by any cryptocurrency platform. Most of them are struggling to achieve such purpose and benefit because the platforms turn out to be bloated – with slow user adoption.
Beam alone was first introduced and launched in 2019 – in January 2019. The platform is built on Mimblewimble protocol that is believed offering handy features to create superior (and naturally profitable) coin.
Table of Contents
Beam (BEAM) Features
- Better and more solid privacy control. This is based on a defined privacy construction that enables you to make private transactions, when you specifically request for it, instead of having it by default. It means that users are able to control whatever transactions they have – whether they want to publish it or keep it private. Naturally, their personal data lies in their own hands.
- Confidential and confidential assets. This is a new added feature that enables new digital (asset) types creation, like real estate assets, debt instrument, new currencies, and others that can be exchanged privately and easily within the platform.
- Solid scalability. Mimblewimble protocol has this special cut-through feature that is handy to avoid and prevent too much computational overhead. This makes the Beam’s order of magnitude smaller when compared to other blockchain application or implementation. They are able to keep a compact and lean blockchain to support the efficiency of the platform.
- Privacy as the priority. Privacy would be the main focus of this platform.
- Scriptless Script technology. Aside from having simple value transfer, this platform also supports escrow payments, atomic swaps, and also time-locked transfers
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Beam aka BEAM
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Beam (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Beam as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to Beam. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Beam currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the Beam
- Store your Beam to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Beam, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with Beam:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/BEAM or ETH/BEAM trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Beam (BEAM) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Beam (BEAM) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Beam. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Beam (BEAM) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Beam (BEAM) with Skrill?
You can’t buy BEAM directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Beam. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Beam (BEAM) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/BEAM and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Beam (BEAM) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/BEAM trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Beam (BEAM)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Beam right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Beam (BEAM)?
Once you have purchased the Beam, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Beam (BEAM)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing BEAM with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Beam (BEAM) and Not Buying It?
Yes, you can.
Mimblewimble is basically the very basic of Bitcoin protocol, but it has been modified to improve the network’s efficiency and privacy improvement. This implementation also affects the overall function as the side effect. This would be the perfect platform to join if you want a private and secured cryptocurrency environment for your future investment. Know how to buy Beam coin so you can access the service and join the network – that’s your first step.