In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Elrond, if you are planning to buy EGLD coin – You’re in the right place!
Elrond is a decentralized blockchain offering fast (transaction) speeds through sharding. It describes its platform as a technology network of new internet, including DeFi, IoT, and Fintech. It is created as a network for scalability, security, and speed. Its focus is to deal with scalability trilemma, which refers to 3 common issues faced by today’s blockchain.
Mature blockchain network has impressive decentralization, security, and scalability abilities, but they are impossible to achieve altogether with today’s technology, especially with PoW consensus algorithm. This is a common issue by Bitcoin. With Ethereum, for instance, has to deal with scalability issue, in which it tries to solve the issue with PoS consensus algorithm.
The smart contract implementation is said to accommodate 15,000 transactions a second, a $0,001 cost for transaction, and six-second latency, which makes it fast and inexpensive at the same time. The team announced the platform in August 2019 and then the mainnet was going live a year later, around July 2020.
Elrond is about increasing the throughput with their unique scaling system, known as Adaptive State Sharding that is combined with new type of consensus, known as SPoS (Secure Proof of Stake). eGold or EGLD is designed as the native token whose function is for staking and network fees. It is also used for rewarding validators.
- Official website: https://elrond.com/
- Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5173310
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/elrondnetwork
- Telegram: https://t.me/ElrondNetwork
- Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/elrondnetwork
- Whitepaper: https://elrond.com/assets/files/elrond-whitepaper.pdf
Elrond (EGLD) Features
- Adaptive State Sharding. This type of scaling system consists of the positive aspects of 3 different sharding types: state, transaction, and network. These types are different in their nature, and this Adaptive State Sharding takes all the positive traits and combines them all. Elrond uses shards for scaling, and each of the shard would be responsible for the state’s portion (blockchain, smart contracts, accounts).
- Through this consensus, the platform can eliminate computational waste generated by PoW through combining eligibility through stake and rating with the (random) validator selection.
- Elrond VM. The Virtual Machine is a dedicated engine for smart contract execution that is constructed on WASM (WebAssembly). It is able to expand the language offered to smart contract developers. Developers are able to write the smart contracts in languages they know about. Afterwards, they can compile it on WASM and then debut it easily.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Elrond aka EGLD
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Elrond (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Elrond as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Elrond. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Elrond currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Elrond
- Store your Elrond to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
Click here to register (opens in new tab)
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Elrond, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Elrond:
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency Only
- Fiat Currencies: N/A
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BCH, EOS, TRX, ONT, ETH, BTC, BTM, AE, OCN, ADA, IHT, XRP, ETC, NAS, LTC, & over 1040+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1801+
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency, Express Polish Post Office 24/7, Wire transfer, GBP bank transfers
- Fiat Currencies: USD, EUR, PLN, GBP and 47+ More
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, TRX, LTC, DASH, XMR, XLM, OMG & 512+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1044+
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the EGLD/BTC or EGLD/ETH or EGLD/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you EGLD/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy Elrond (EGLD)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Elrond (EGLD) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Elrond (EGLD) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Elrond. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Elrond (EGLD) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Elrond (EGLD) with Skrill?
You can’t buy EGLD directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Elrond. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Elrond (EGLD) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair EGLD/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Elrond (EGLD) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support EGLD/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Elrond (EGLD)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the Elrond right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Elrond (EGLD)?
Once you have purchased the Elrond, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Elrond (EGLD)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing EGLD with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Elrond (EGLD) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Elrond is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Elrond wants to create itself as a new ecosystem for new internet economy, enterprise use, and decentralized applications. Its main objective is its reliable and high scalability in which sharding technology has been used and implemented. It wants to be a new ecosystem that offers new technology in crypto business. Token purchase is the only way to join the platform, so interested users must buy Elrond (EGLD).