In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Metal token, if you are planning to buy MTL – You’re in the right place!
Metal Pay was founded Glenn Marien and Marshall Hayner in 2016 who dreamt to introduce cryptocurrency into the bigger market through the hybrid of a reward incentives and a user-friendly interface so anyone can access the market easily. The goal of the project is to build a platform focusing on both crypto and non-crypto assets in one location where Metal Pay can be used as an easy-to-use digital wallet of cryptocurrency.
Particularly, Metal Pay is a blockchain-based application to proceed payment on both Android and iOS. On the application, users can send cash, MTL, and other cryptocurrencies to the other users securely. Metal Fact is FDIC insured so users do not need to worry about theft and other security issues. They can rest easy knowing the funds remain safe.
Table of Contents
Metal (MTL) Features
- Store and Send both Crypto and Fiat. Dealing with so many different crypto wallet can be confusing and cumbersome. Because Metal Pay supports many cryptocurrencies and fiats, users are able to store a wide array of cryptocurrencies and fiats in a single wallet. Currently, there are more than 30 cryptocurrencies supported by Metal Pay. The best thing is there is no transaction fee applied for sending crypto and cash.
- Proof of Processed Payment. This mechanism enables users to receive up to 5% of the transaction value when sending funds. The percentage of the value is determined by a unique Pop score. This score dictates the amount of value rewarded to the user.
- Marketplace. The Marketplace section is a place where users can purchase and sell over 30 different cryptocurrency from their cash-balance.
- FDIC Insurance. Metal Pay is FDIC-insured meaning that users can link their FDIC-insured bank account to the Metal Pay application in order to get protected more.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Metal aka MTL
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Metal (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Metal as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin or Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Metal. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Metal currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Metal
- Store your Metal to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Metal, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Metal:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the MTL/BTC or MTL/ETH or MTL/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Metal (MTL) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Metal (MTL) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Metal. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Metal (MTL) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Metal (MTL) with Skrill?
You can’t buy MTL directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Metal. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Metal (MTL) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair MTL/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Metal (MTL) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support MTL/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Metal (MTL)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Metal right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Metal (MTL)?
Once you have purchased the Metal, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Metal (MTL)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing MTL with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Metal (MTL) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Metal is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Metal Pay is definitely a useful and interesting application for all crypto enthusiasts and the majority of the population. It is super easy to use so anyone can easily navigate their crypto and fiat, and send payments quickly. Although it has many competitors in both the crypto and traditional finance world, it holds some feature that the competitors do not offer such as the Pop rewards and FDIC insurance. In addition to this, the continuous improvement made team will surely make Metal Pay win the competition.