In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy eCash, if you are planning to buy XEC – You’re in the right place!
eCash isn’t exactly new because it’s the rebranded version of BCHA or Bitcoin Cash ABC. BCHA is a fork of BTC (Bitcoin) and BCH (Bitcoin Cash). As the name suggests, the platform is designed as a cryptocurrency that can be used as electronic cash. The main purpose is for means of transaction, where users can pay for services and goods.
In July 2021, the coin was rebranded. The platform integrates Avalanche, a type of PoS consensus layer. Don’t mistake it for Avalanche blockchain (AVAX), though, because they are completely different. After the rebranding, eCash stated that they will convert the entire BCHA coins to the XEC with 1:1 million ratio.
There are 3 major purposes for this platform, especially when it comes to blockchain improvements. It wants to scale transaction throughput to more than 5 million transactions a second. It also wants to reduce transaction finality time to improve payment experience. It also wants to establish fork-free upgrade and extend the protocol.
The developer team wants the coin to support the system that is compatible to EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine). They also want the coin to be interoperable with DeFi sector within Ethereum. There are 5 core missions that the developer wants to fulfill so the platform can be successful. They want to ensure anonymous transactions and transactions immutability. They want the platform to guarantee free transactions. They want to enforce secure transactions globally with promising finality less than 3 seconds, and they want to design the infrastructure as public good.
eCash (XEC) Features
- Avalanche. This is a special consensus protocol that can improve security and streamline the future network upgrades. The protocol also enables (near-instant) confirmation times, which improves performance and quality of service.
- Staking. Just like other platforms, this one also supports staking. This decentralized governance is managed through incentivized stakeholders.
- eTokens. The platform supports dividend and also token payments. Users are able to create their own tokens with customized icon, decimal places, supply, and also name.
- Bits. It is designed as a convenient and small denomination. With this kind of arrangement, users won’t have to go through complicated processing with payments or transactions.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade eCash aka XEC
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the eCash (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the eCash as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to eCash. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports eCash currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the eCash
- Store your eCash to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying eCash, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with eCash:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the XEC/BTC or XEC/ETH or XEC/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you XEC/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy eCash (XEC)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your eCash (XEC) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy eCash (XEC) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the eCash. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy eCash (XEC) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy eCash (XEC) with Skrill?
You can’t buy XEC directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to eCash. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy eCash (XEC) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair XEC/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy eCash (XEC) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support XEC/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy eCash (XEC)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the eCash right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect eCash (XEC)?
Once you have purchased the eCash, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell eCash (XEC)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing XEC with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine eCash (XEC) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a eCash is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
eCash is designed to be the next level of digital transaction where easy operation remains the main focus of the network. Those who want to enjoy advanced and high-end means of transactions (especially payments) can look into this platform, but they must buy eCash (XEC) first before they can join.