In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Flamingo token, if you are planning to buy FLM – You’re in the right place!
When we are talking about Flamingo, we are talking about a DeFi platform that has it all. As a DeFi, the platform is constructed on Neo blockchain along with the interoperable protocol of Poly Network. Basically, it has several apps within one ecosystem. It functions as a liquidity on-blockchain pool (for swapping), a contract perpetual trading platform (perp), a DAO (Decentralized Governance Organization), a blockchain asset vault, and an asset cross-blockchain gateway (for wrapper).
The platform is built on Neo to avoid the scalability issue so processing time can be made faster. Moreover, it is also designed that way so operational costs can be minimized. Flamingo was created by Da Hongfei. He is one of the co-founders of Neo, which is now claimed to be one of Ethereum’s strongest competitors. Besides Neo, Hongfei also co-founded OnChain, which is a (private) blockchain service company. Flamingo is unique because it offers one-stop DeFi platform with decentralized and blockchain technology. Users are able to govern the ecosystem through DAO.
- Official website: https://flamingo.finance/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/FlamingoFinance
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/kcbwen/flamingo_flm/
- Whitepaper: https://docs.flamingo.finance/
Flamingo (FLM) Features
- Different wallet supports. Since the platform believes that everything should be divided into different components that are working together simultaneously, they also provide different wallets. There are NeoLine for NEO assets, Cyano plugin wallet (ONT holders), and Metamask wallet (Ether holders).
- Swap. This sector would be responsible for the on-chain auto market making. It is able to interact with (wrapped) tokens within parent blockchain so liquidity can be met.
- Wrapper. This is the one powering inter-chain connection and interaction, related to blockchain assets. For now, it works with Ontology, Neo, Ethereum, and Bitcoin
- Vault. This one has the interface to stake, mine, and manage assets. It is also responsible for collateralized stablecoins issues. Those who stake the vault will be rewarded with FLM
- Perp. It uses the auto market-making to generate a perpetual contract and exchange.
- DAO. This is designed to allow optimal involvement of the community to run the platform. Issues that fall within DAO may include parameter configuration, functionality changes, and token economics.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Flamingo aka FLM
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Flamingo (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Flamingo as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to Flamingo. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Flamingo currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the Flamingo
- Store your Flamingo to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
Click here to register (opens in new tab)
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Flamingo, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with Flamingo:
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency Only
- Fiat Currencies: N/A
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BCH, EOS, TRX, ONT, ETH, BTC, BTM, AE, OCN, ADA, IHT, XRP, ETC, NAS, LTC, & over 565+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1118+
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency, Express Polish Post Office 24/7, Wire transfer, GBP bank transfers
- Fiat Currencies: USD, EUR, PLN, GBP and 47+ More
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, TRX, LTC, DASH, XMR, XLM, OMG & 512+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1044+
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/FLM or ETH/FLM trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Flamingo (FLM) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Flamingo (FLM) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Flamingo. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Flamingo (FLM) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Flamingo (FLM) with Skrill?
You can’t buy FLM directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Flamingo. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Flamingo (FLM) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/FLM and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Flamingo (FLM) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/FLM trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Flamingo (FLM)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Flamingo right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Flamingo (FLM)?
Once you have purchased the Flamingo, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Flamingo (FLM)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing FLM with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Flamingo (FLM) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Flamingo is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Flamingo has an appealing concept, offering a single platform that can do so many different things. A platform with various functions is definitely effective because users won’t have to use different apps to manage their digital activities and operations. Make sure you know where and how to buy Flamingo (FLM) because the only way to join the platform is through crypto purchase.