In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Karura, if you are planning to buy KAR token – You’re in the right place!
Karura is designed as a multifunctional DeFi hub for stablecoin. As an all in one platform, the platform is constructed on Kusama, but then it is integrated further to Polkadot. It is Acala Network who created Karura. Acala Network itself has founded Substrate Developer Academy as well as winning 4 grants for Web3 Foundation.
Both Acala and Karura are considered solid and robust because they have been backed by various (and multiple) funds, such as Pantera Capital, Coinbase Ventures, Hypersphere, and Polychain Capital. Karura executes DeFi within Kusama, similarly to Acala offering DeFi for Polkadot. Karura is constructed with similar codebase, just like Acala. It’s safe to say that these two platforms offer fast, convenient, and scalable DeFi cross chain ecosystems for Polkadot and Kusama.
Karura (KAR) Features
- Always the first. Whenever Acala team makes technological and development updates, they will deliver those updates to Karura first before sending them to (other) Polkadot platforms. That’s why the users in Karura will always be the first ones to benefit from the latest and newest DeFi technologies.
- Stablecoins. The platform offers stablecoin in the form of kUSD or Karura Dollar with 1:1 peg value to US Dollar. This will eliminate the need (or whatsoever) to send KSM token to the Binance. It’s because users can swap KSM to stablecoin safely, or to other assets, like Bitcoin.
- Liquidity protocol. There is a protocol for KSM token in case users don’t want to take part in auctions, but still want to get staking rewards. However, they must wait for around 7 days before they can unfreeze the tokens.
- Flexible and multifunctional wallet. The wallet is able to support various coins, like NFTs or integrated bridges (such as polkaBTC or renBTC).
- Greater flexibility. Users are able to execute and perform hundreds of DeFi plans and strategies without having to leave the platform. Users are able to use cross chain tokens to manage (and issue) a self service loan within kUSD. When they provide liquidity to Karura DEX, they will get fees.
- Complete platform. Karura DeFi hub offers pretty complete services, including (fixed) KAR token supply, algorithmic stablecoin, decentralized exchange, and LKSM (liquid KSM) staking.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Karura aka KAR
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Karura (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Karura as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Karura. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Karura currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Karura
- Store your Karura to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Karura, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Karura:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the KAR/BTC or KAR/ETH or KAR/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you KAR/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy Karura (KAR)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Karura (KAR) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Karura (KAR) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Karura. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Karura (KAR) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Karura (KAR) with Skrill?
You can’t buy KAR directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Karura. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Karura (KAR) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair KAR/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Karura (KAR) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support KAR/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Karura (KAR)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the Karura right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Karura (KAR)?
Once you have purchased the Karura, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Karura (KAR)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing KAR with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Karura (KAR) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Karura is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Karura is designed to manage different DeFi possibilities where users can enjoy all the benefits and perks. It is created as all-in-one (DeFi) platform that can help users earn, lend, borrow, swap, and others without having to deal with exorbitant gas fees. However, if they want to join the platform, they need to buy Karura (KAR) first.