In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Wrapped Bitcoin, if you are planning to buy WBTC token – You’re in the right place!
Wrapped Bitcoin claims itself to have the capacity to elevate Bitcoin usages and functions. It is able to unlock and then deliver Bitcoin’s power by making use of ERC-20 token’s flexibility. WBTC would be the first token that is backed by Bitcoin in 1:1 ratio. Not only it is community led, but it is also 100% verifiable and also super transparent.
WBTC token is able to help bring greater liquidity to ETH ecosystem, including the financial applications and DEXs. The problem with current trading system is that the (majority of) trading volumes are happening on centralized exchange by using Bitcoin. Wrapped Bitcoin takes care of the issue. The platform is able to bring Bitcoin liquidity to the DEXs, allowing BItcoin usage for token trade. The platform can standardize the Bitcoin so it is equal to ERC-20 format, so smart contracts (for Bitcoin) can be created. It makes it easier to create (and write) smart contracts integrating Bitcoin transfers.
Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) Features
- Traders focus. DEX experiences low liquidity and trading volume because it is limited to ERC-20 tokens. However, Wrapped Bitcoin changes it all. It is able to increase participation and liquidity for the users. Not to mention that users are able to move Bitcoin easily and fast between exchanges, thanks to this platform.
- Institutions involvement. Users (like payment services, wallets, and exchanges) have to deal with challenges of having to handle multiple crypto, across different transaction formats and nodes. This platform is able to combine all the good things of Bitcoin and Ethereum, so it would be simpler to manage wrapped currency by using ETH node only.
- dApps development. dApps are now able to make use of Bitcoin payments within smart contracts for token sales, prediction markets, funds, and lending protocols.
- Various applications. Users are able to do a lot of things in this platform. They can receive Bitcoin, mint it, stake it, and even burn it. Basically, users have the ability to manage and control their financial activities through a single platform and with easier operation.
- Simple operation and friendly user interface. Getting access to the platform isn’t difficult at all, and managing the operation is also straightforward. Users should be able to figure it out quite easily.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Wrapped Bitcoin aka WBTC
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Wrapped Bitcoin (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Wrapped Bitcoin as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Wrapped Bitcoin. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Wrapped Bitcoin currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Wrapped Bitcoin
- Store your Wrapped Bitcoin to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Wrapped Bitcoin, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Wrapped Bitcoin:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the WBTC/BTC or WBTC/ETH or WBTC/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you WBTC/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Wrapped Bitcoin. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) with Skrill?
You can’t buy WBTC directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Wrapped Bitcoin. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair WBTC/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support WBTC/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the Wrapped Bitcoin right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC)?
Once you have purchased the Wrapped Bitcoin, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing WBTC with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Wrapped Bitcoin is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Wrapped Bitcoin is able to transform how Bitcoin is used, including in trading in various protocols. By combining the power of Ethereum and Bitcoin together, the team believes that it is able to reap greater benefits while making everything easier and simpler. Want to join the platform? Buy Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC) and see how it goes.