In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Livepeer, if you are planning to buy LPT token – You’re in the right place!
Livepeer was announced by Grayscale, the company behind the Bitcoin Investment Trust in March 2021. Livepeer is a blockchain project attempting to significantly lower the infrastructure costs associated with transcoding and streaming video. It tries to achieve the objective by making use of network of nodes, where the network uses computer network lent by users to perform the computationally intensive task of video transcoding. Participants who provide processing power in the systems, receive incentives as a return. This eventually increases the adoption of the network.
Grayscale obviously sees the potential of the project. Right now, the biggest problem in the streaming video industry is the expensive infrastructure costs. Livepeer enables developers to dramatically reduce the cost of transcoding video by converting video from one format to another. This transcoding is carried out on a network of distributed computers.
Table of Contents
Livepeer (LPT) Features
- Mobile Support. This feature enables token holders to easily vote, stake, and explore orchestrator campaigns on their smartphones anytime and anywhere.
- Improved Transaction UX. Now, the transaction UX is presented in a much more user-friendly way on the explorer. The improvement incudes fee estimations, confirmation times, and many more.
- Voting. Token holders are able to create pools for proposed LIPs using the new voting feature. With this feature, they can also find active and passive polls, and cast staked-weighted votes.
- Coinbase Wallet and Fortmatic Support. These two new great features has been added to the wallet providers, providing the users with more options.
- Orchestrator View Sorting. Livepeer has been gearing up for an increase in costs being paid out to orchestrators since the upgrade of Streamflow. Currently, the Explorer provides visibility into these costs generated by orchestrators and enables delegators to share withdrawal from staking.
- Round Status Widget. This feature is introduced to identify how many remaining blocks are left, how much time is spent in a round, and if the current round is started.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Livepeer aka LPT
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Livepeer (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Livepeer as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin or Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Livepeer. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Livepeer currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Livepeer
- Store your Livepeer to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Livepeer, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Livepeer:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the LPT/BTC or LPT/ETH or LPT/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Livepeer (LPT) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Livepeer (LPT) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Livepeer. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Livepeer (LPT) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Livepeer (LPT) with Skrill?
You can’t buy LPT directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Livepeer. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Livepeer (LPT) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair LPT/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Livepeer (LPT) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support LPT/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Livepeer (LPT)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Livepeer right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Livepeer (LPT)?
Once you have purchased the Livepeer, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Livepeer (LPT)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing LPT with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Livepeer (LPT) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Livepeer is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Due to the growing and mature market of Web 3.0., there is no doubt that decentralized infrastructure services such as those related to video transcoding and live streaming could be very useful and valuable. Livepeer, therefore, has a great opportunity in transforming the video streaming market in the upcoming months and year. Livepeer can succeed sooner is it is able to generate more interest and scale up to meet demand.