In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Litentry, if you are planning to buy LIT token – You’re in the right place!
Litentry is a protocol built for aggregating and managing decentralized identifiers (DIDs) on numerous different blockchains as an input into current and new features. Particularly, it attempts to allow the DIDs to be used securely and efficiently by users. Litentry is built on Substrate an underlying framework to build decentralized blockchain, making it natively compatible with Polkadot. For that reason, it can be launched as a parachain on the Polkadot Network.
The team of Litentry, which is led by Hanwen Cheng believes that cross-chain identity is highly required for Web 3.0. Therefore, they work on this innovative project. By using Litentry, users are able to aggregate identities from other chains and get access to Identity Matching and Staking.
Litentry (LIT) Features
- Community Governed. The LIT stakeholders govern identity registrars, the data origin, and the credit computation algorithms. Besides, the relationship of community and its members are recorded on the chain, generating community credit. Eventually, all the governance credit contributes to voting power.
- Fully Decentralized. All of the process of verifying and aggregating DIDs is implemented in a fully decentralized and transparent way. Therefore, the result is trustable.
- Blockchain Powered. Built on Substrate, Litentry inherits the best technology along with the greatest features in the Blockchain industry. Powered by Blockchain, Litentry aims to be the first Parachain of Polkadot Network that takes advantages from the emerging cross-chain ecosystem and shared security.
- Privacy Focused. Privacy preservation is essential in the Litentry Network. Litentry makes an incognito on-chain data processing possible to protect the users’ privacy. As a result, the pseudo-anonymity of blockchain network cannot be breached.
- A Governance app. The app supports the governance process by reducing the participation friction. Users can also benefit from the app in terms of clear UI, remote Push Notification, and incentive mechanism.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Litentry aka LIT
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Litentry (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Litentry as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin or Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Litentry. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Litentry currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Litentry
- Store your Litentry to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Litentry, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Litentry:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the LIT/BTC or LIT/ETH or LIT/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Litentry (LIT) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Litentry (LIT) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Litentry. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Litentry (LIT) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Litentry (LIT) with Skrill?
You can’t buy LIT directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Litentry. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Litentry (LIT) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair LIT/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Litentry (LIT) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support LIT/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Litentry (LIT)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Litentry right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Litentry (LIT)?
Once you have purchased the Litentry, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Litentry (LIT)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing LIT with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Litentry (LIT) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Litentry is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
It is easy to see the bright future of a cross-chain identity and Litentry is on the way to be the platform where DIDs can be used in a totally secure and efficient way. Being a pioneer in the market of decentralized identifiers, Litentry will surely attract more users, creating a less saturated ecosystem with a well-supported token. This promising project will eventually rise the value of Litentry (LIT), making it one of the worth-considering small-cap altcoin gems out there.