In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Moonriver, if you are planning to buy MOVR token – You’re in the right place!
Moonriver is a native environment (within Moonbeam platform) that implements blockchain technology that is completely compatible with Ethereum and it is set within Kusama network. It functions as a parachain in Kusama, to help (crypto) projects expand the services, markets, and users with multi-chain and strategic approach. Parachains themselves are basically custom blockchains being fed into the main heart blockchain of Kusama network.
Moreover, many users have considered Moonbeam as a (decentralized) smart contract network that combines all the good things from Ethereum and Polkadot. It has the easiness and the familiarity of the Ethereum, and also the scalability and convenient interoperable nature of Polkadot. Moonriver is being launched so it can act as canary network for both Polkadot and Moonbeam. It means that new codes are sent to Moonriver first where they are verified and tested before finally sent to Moonbeam. They would be tested with (real) economic conditions
MOVR. As the native cryptocurrency for this platform, MOVR is designed to operate and maintain the network. Its main role is to support smart contract execution, facilitate the governance mechanism on the on-chain, pay transaction fees, and incentivize collators responsible for block production.
Table of Contents
Moonriver (MOVR) Features
- Earlier launch for earlier success. Developers have the chances to start experimenting, launching, and building on Moonriver before the dApps are finally available on the chain and can be accessed by other participants.
- Full Ethereum compatibility. Moonriver is designed to have this convenient Ethereum-like vibe and environment. It means that it can work well with Ethereum protocols, dApps, and tools with industry-standard mechanism.
- Ethereum’s features mirroring. The platform mirrors many features from Ethereum, including logs, subscriptions, keys, accounts, Web3 RPC, and others. Whoever accesses the platform will enjoy the same convenience and easiness; just like they are using the Ethereum.
- Popular deployment tools. Since this platform is designed to welcome and accommodate developers, users can use Remix, Truffle, Hardhat, or other (deployment) tools to replicate the dApps and perform the deployment.
- Familiar system. Those who are familiar with Ethereum would find this platform helpful, easy, and convenient. There is a sense of familiarity to all of its system which makes it easy for further operation and usage.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Moonriver aka MOVR
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Moonriver (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Moonriver as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Moonriver. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Moonriver currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Moonriver
- Store your Moonriver to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Moonriver, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Moonriver:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the MOVR/BTC or MOVR/ETH or MOVR/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you MOVR/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy Moonriver (MOVR)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Moonriver (MOVR) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Moonriver (MOVR) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Moonriver. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Moonriver (MOVR) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Moonriver (MOVR) with Skrill?
You can’t buy MOVR directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Moonriver. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Moonriver (MOVR) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair MOVR/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Moonriver (MOVR) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support MOVR/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Moonriver (MOVR)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the Moonriver right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Moonriver (MOVR)?
Once you have purchased the Moonriver, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Moonriver (MOVR)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing MOVR with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Moonriver (MOVR) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Moonriver is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Anyone who wants to enjoy easy platform that feels similar to the existing Ethereum, while still being able to enjoy more benefits and profits, can always access this platform. It supports operability and convenient (financial) functions without compromising performance. However, users need to buy Moonriver (MOVR) if they want to join the platform.