In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy NEAR Protocol coin, if you are planning to buy NEAR – You’re in the right place!
NEAR is a decentralized app platform aiming to develop the open web of the future that can power its own economy. The web opens the door to a brand new future as new currencies, new industries, and new application can be created. NEAR Protocol is established by two smart software engineers, Illia Polosukhin and Alexander Skidanov in the mid of 2018.
NEAR Protocol is an open source blockchain which can solve both usability and scalability issues faced by other protocols. The NEAR token powers up the blockchain and all apps that use it. The NEAR blockchain was developed by a group of more than fifty experienced developers called the NEAR Collective. With the launch of the NEAR main net in October 2020, NEAR token holders has got partial ownership of the NEAR blockchain.
NEAR Protocol (NEAR) Features
- Usability. Usability should come first before scalability. NEAR Protocol focuses more on how to easily enable developers in creating useful applications that users can use for real. The platform will be also intended to generate sustainable value for those developers.
- Scalability. As NEAR is a future-proof protocol, it enables the network to increase its capacity by using a shard in order to scale. This is done by breaking down the network nodes dynamically into several shards when there is high enough usage to require it. Meanwhile, the computation across those shards is being parallelized. As a result, the network scales constantly as demand increases.
- Efficient development and evolution. Handling development and evolution is a key challenge for both existing and new platforms and the team of NEAR Protocol is totally aware of it. Even though NEAR is a decentralized platform, it should be updated and evolved with multiple approaches. Right now the teams are working on NEAR’s initial development in order to develop the protocol.
- Real decentralization. Centralization issues are common in cryptocurrency world. In order to maintain decentralization, NEAR tries to lower the barriers for participatory nodes to enter the network.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade NEAR Protocol aka NEAR
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the NEAR Protocol (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the NEAR Protocol as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to NEAR Protocol. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports NEAR Protocol currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the NEAR Protocol
- Store your NEAR Protocol to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying NEAR Protocol, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with NEAR Protocol:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/NEAR or ETH/NEAR trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your NEAR Protocol (NEAR) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy NEAR Protocol (NEAR) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the NEAR Protocol. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy NEAR Protocol (NEAR) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy NEAR Protocol (NEAR) with Skrill?
You can’t buy NEAR directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to NEAR Protocol. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy NEAR Protocol (NEAR) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/NEAR and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy NEAR Protocol (NEAR) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/NEAR trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy NEAR Protocol (NEAR)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the NEAR Protocol right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect NEAR Protocol (NEAR)?
Once you have purchased the NEAR Protocol, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell NEAR Protocol (NEAR)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing NEAR with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine NEAR Protocol (NEAR) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a NEAR Protocol is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
There is no doubt that NEAR Protocol offers an incredibly promising cryptocurrency projects. At the moment, it is earning the imposing stats of any cryptocurrency blockchains out there. Furthermore, it has a great amount of funding, a solid team, and networking in the cryptocurrency world. If NEAR keeps focusing on developing its own niche, the future could be very promising. What it needs is just a generated hype. It can be reached by the support of its community and you can be a part of it.