In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Origin Protocol token, if you are planning to buy OGN – You’re in the right place!
Origin Protocol is created to create trustless and reliable marketplace ecosystem with peer to peer networks. By combining Ethereum blockchain and IPFS (Interplanetary File System), this platform can remove the need of intermediary or middleman while improving safety and trust along the way. The developer team itself is pretty unique because it comprises of 7 countries with similar interest in blockchain technology and trusted marketplace setting. Currently, the platform has a headquarter in San Francisco – and its investors are scattered around the world. It was first launched by Josh Fraser and Matthew Liu in 2017. The team is supported by other experts to create a solid platform. It has Yu Pan, who has worked for Google, responsible for the engineering as well as Frank Chastagnol, the engineering VP. He had worked at Dropbox, YouTube, and so much more.
The idea of Origin Protocol’s network is to provide solutions of the existing online market’s issues, like centralization problems, less encouragement for new innovation, lack of transparency, and unfair (transaction) fees. With decentralized mechanism, it is expected that every user can benefit from the platform while maintaining their privacy. With incentivized environment (for both sellers and buyers), the platform isn’t only functional but also profitable – especially for the long run.
Origin Protocol (OGN) Features
- Better accessibility. In traditional and centralized business markets, consumers need to have credit cards, bank accounts, and other payment means. It is effective but it closes the access to the unbanked. Origin Protocol, on the other hand, provides such an access to those groups so they can still access the marketplaces – even when they don’t have any bank account or credit card.
- Open platform. This is an open platform that welcomes everyone. Everyone can join as long as they know how to access this platform.
- Better incentive system. Users can contribute to the network – and they will be properly rewarded. There are affiliation programs where users can promote and invite other users. The incentive program encourages users to stay active and be a part of the growing platform.
- Inexpensive fee. Because of the direct interaction and the absence of intermediary, transaction cost can be reduced.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Origin Protocol aka OGN
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Origin Protocol (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Origin Protocol as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to Origin Protocol. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Origin Protocol currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the Origin Protocol
- Store your Origin Protocol to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Origin Protocol, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with Origin Protocol:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/OGN or ETH/OGN trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Origin Protocol (OGN) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Origin Protocol (OGN) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Origin Protocol. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Origin Protocol (OGN) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Origin Protocol (OGN) with Skrill?
You can’t buy OGN directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Origin Protocol. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Origin Protocol (OGN) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/OGN and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Origin Protocol (OGN) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/OGN trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Origin Protocol (OGN)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Origin Protocol right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Origin Protocol (OGN)?
Once you have purchased the Origin Protocol, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Origin Protocol (OGN)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing OGN with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Origin Protocol (OGN) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Origin Protocol is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Origin Protocol is an ideal platform for those who want to take part in a digital marketplace with its automated and trustless nature. The combination of intermediary’s removal, direct interaction with peer to peer mechanism, and decentralized ecosystem is the strength of the platform. Not only this platform is functional, but it also promises long-term profits. However, the only way to access the platform is through crypto purchase, which means that users have to buy Origin Protocol (OGN) first.