In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy BitShares, if you are planning to buy BTS token – You’re in the right place!
BitShares is designed as a decentralized platform for crypto trading and also global payment network. The platform wants to offer a more efficient network for payment (which can be accessible to everyone in the world). For trading, users can engage in the activity securely without any third-party or intermediary.
The platform was originally set in July 2014 with the name ProtoShares, but in 2015, it was re-named to BitShares. BTS token is the native utility token having its own functions, such as smartcoins creation (or BitAssets). The BitAssets can represent various things, like IOUs, collateralized tokens with fiat pegged system, and reward points.
BitShares (BTS) Features
- Integrated DEX. Thanks to this unique feature, users are allowed to trade the regular cryptocurrencies along with traditional financial instruments without any intermediary. It can be done through BitAssets and it is quite safe.
- DeFi (capable) blockchain. Due to its native DEX and also the support for synthetic assets through BitAssets, this platform gains its reputation in this field.
- DAC system. The platform uses the so-called DAC (or known as Distributed Autonomous Companies) system to produce self-financing and self-governing system. It enables the BTS holders to set business rules governing the ecosystem via safe voting and proposal procedure.
- Memo system. Instead of using addresses to distinguish users, the platform uses memos. Because of its mechanism, BitShares becomes one of the easily accessible crypto platforms in the business. It is also constructed around a referral program. This is a pretty popular program to incentivize the network’s growth through upgrade fees distribution, especially between the BitShares network and the referrers.
- Self governed system. This is the first ever blockchain with self-governed DPoS (Delegated Proof of Stake) technology.
- Fast processing time. The platform is able to process transactions within only 3 second manner. It means that scalability isn’t an issue for the platform, and users are able to enjoy fast processing time.
- New BitShares (NBS). This is the creation of new hard fork of BitShares platform. This is basically a derivative project affiliated with (original) BitShares. The fork results in BTS holders getting NBS token airdrops with ratio of 1:1.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade BitShares aka BTS
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the BitShares (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the BitShares as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to BitShares. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports BitShares currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the BitShares
- Store your BitShares to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying BitShares, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with BitShares:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the BTS/BTC or BTS/ETH or BTS/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you BTS/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy BitShares (BTS)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your BitShares (BTS) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy BitShares (BTS) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the BitShares. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy BitShares (BTS) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy BitShares (BTS) with Skrill?
You can’t buy BTS directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to BitShares. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy BitShares (BTS) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTS/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy BitShares (BTS) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support BTS/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy BitShares (BTS)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the BitShares right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect BitShares (BTS)?
Once you have purchased the BitShares, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell BitShares (BTS)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing BTS with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine BitShares (BTS) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a BitShares is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
BitShares is a platform focusing on future tech, especially the DPoS technology. The platform is able to combine innovations, ethics, knowledge, fairness, responsibility, and experience to manage a completely scalable, stable, and safe ecosystem. The platform has its own in-built DeFi products, which would be great for investors and general users. Be sure to buy BitShares (BTS) to join the platform.