In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Powerledger, if you are planning to buy POWR token – You’re in the right place!
Powerledger is a decentralized platform with blockchain basis whose purpose to revolutionize energy industry of the world. The project is about enabling the local areas to distribute and sell solar power to the neighbors without any role of third-party or the middleman. The platform wants to make it true to create a world that is no longer depending on foreign resources or big utility companies for all the required energy so people’s lives can run smoothly and comfortably. This kind of world may be fulfilled in reality, and the dApps from Powerledger can contribute to such a success.
This (decentralized) platform encourages peer to peer transactions (for energy) by recording the platform participants’ consumption and also generation in real time manner. The energy usage and generation would be transacted within the predetermined rates. The platform utilizes unique mechanism, system, and technologies that are special for the protocol. It uses two layers for the blockchains, along with two tokens: Sparkz and POWR (or the Powerledger Token). Although both of them are used with the protocol, they have different usages and functions. For the blockchains, Powerledger uses Ethereum public blockchain and also Ecochain private blockchain.
- Official website: https://www.powerledger.io/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/powerledger_io
- Telegram: https://t.me/powerledgerANN
- Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/powerledger
- Whitepaper: https://www.powerledger.io/company/power-ledger-whitepaper
Powerledger (POWR) Features
- xGrid. Users are able to sell and buy energy within the (existing) electrical grid with peer to peer transaction and mechanism.
- uGrid. It allows the platform users to buy and sell energy again with peer to peer mechanism. However, it can be done within the existing embedded network or microgrid this time. For instance, it can be done in an apartment building.
- Power Port. It is about transparency and the mechanism to (electric) vehicle charging, enabling users to pick power source that can be used to charge their rides.
- C6 and C6+. These features implement blockchain technology to validate and track carbon credits. These features also come with extra feature of smart contracts that help with carbon credits validation.
- Asset germination. It is the platform available for the communities excessive renewable energy, in which users can use the platform for monetization.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Powerledger aka POWR
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Powerledger (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Powerledger as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Powerledger. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Powerledger currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Powerledger
- Store your Powerledger to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
Click here to register (opens in new tab)
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Powerledger, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Powerledger:
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency Only
- Fiat Currencies: N/A
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BCH, EOS, TRX, ONT, ETH, BTC, BTM, AE, OCN, ADA, IHT, XRP, ETC, NAS, LTC, & over 1040+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1801+
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency, Express Polish Post Office 24/7, Wire transfer, GBP bank transfers
- Fiat Currencies: USD, EUR, PLN, GBP and 47+ More
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, TRX, LTC, DASH, XMR, XLM, OMG & 512+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1044+
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the POWR/BTC or POWR/ETH or POWR/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you POWR/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy Powerledger (POWR)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Powerledger (POWR) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Powerledger (POWR) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Powerledger. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Powerledger (POWR) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Powerledger (POWR) with Skrill?
You can’t buy POWR directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Powerledger. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Powerledger (POWR) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair POWR/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Powerledger (POWR) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support POWR/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Powerledger (POWR)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the Powerledger right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Powerledger (POWR)?
Once you have purchased the Powerledger, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Powerledger (POWR)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing POWR with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Powerledger (POWR) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Powerledger is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Many attempts and efforts have been made to protect Mother Earth. This decentralized platform is one of those attempts to encourage environmentally friendly operation and also mass adoptions, where users can take part in the green project. Anyone who is interested in helping the Earth and taking part in the green project is welcomed to join, but they need to buy Powerledger (POWR) to do so.