In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Stacks, if you are planning to buy STX coin – You’re in the right place!
Stacks is designed as an open source platform enabling developers to build (and develop) decentralized apps (such as decentralized DeFi apps) as well as smart contracts. The platform depends on Bitcoin as the main framework. The platform reuses the blockchain and computing power for security and settlement. The platform leverages the security from Bitcoin to power up DApps and smart contracts.
However, this is where things are getting interesting: the network doesn’t recreate PoW mechanism to get connected. With PoX (Proof of Transfer), the platform is expected to solve the common issues of Bitcoin (and even Ethereum) related to processing time and expensive cost. Whereas many platforms are functioning as layer 2 blockchain, Stacks is designed as layer 1. The platform is meant to bring DApps (Decentralized Applications) and smart contracts to BTC (Bitcoin). The smart contracts would be integrated to BTC without changing anything, making it stronger in terms of stability and security.
- Official website: https://www.stacks.co/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Stacks
- Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/stacks
- Whitepaper: https://gaia.blockstack.org/hub/1AxyPunHHAHiEffXWESKfbvmBpGQv138Fp/stacks.pdf
Stacks (STX) Features
- Different layers of applications. Stacks consists of protocol, application, Bitcoin system, and Stacks blockchain. Each layer has its own function and use, so the platform needs all of them to work and function well.
- Virtual assets and smart contracts. The blockchain must be solid and robust so the ecosystem can be held together. Moreover, everything taking place in the platform would be verifiable within Bitcoin network easily.
- Clever usage. Stacks basically takes the important elements from Bitcoin and then adds some elements for the extension. In this way, users can benefit from the platform without having to change or fork the very original Bitcoin concept.
- PoX consensus mechanism. Miners need to pay off BTC so they can mint new STV tokens. Moreover, the token holders are able to stack their own tokens, so they can get Bitcoin in reward. Keep in mind that it is stack – NOT stake.
- Clarity. This is the new program for smart contract that is both easy and safe to use. It has a solid and unambiguous syntax that makes it so powerful and impressive. The same language system is also used in Algorand blockchain.
- SEC qualification for Stacks crypto. Without it, the platform won’t be able to launch its sale cash, making the platform completely useless and inefficient.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Stacks aka STX
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Stacks (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Stacks as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to Stacks. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Stacks currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the Stacks
- Store your Stacks to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
Click here to register (opens in new tab)
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Stacks, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with Stacks:
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency Only
- Fiat Currencies: N/A
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BCH, EOS, TRX, ONT, ETH, BTC, BTM, AE, OCN, ADA, IHT, XRP, ETC, NAS, LTC, & over 565+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1118+
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency, Express Polish Post Office 24/7, Wire transfer, GBP bank transfers
- Fiat Currencies: USD, EUR, PLN, GBP and 47+ More
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, TRX, LTC, DASH, XMR, XLM, OMG & 512+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1044+
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/STX or ETH/STX trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Stacks (STX) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Stacks (STX) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Stacks. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Stacks (STX) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Stacks (STX) with Skrill?
You can’t buy STX directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Stacks. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Stacks (STX) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/STX and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Stacks (STX) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/STX trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Stacks (STX)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Stacks right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Stacks (STX)?
Once you have purchased the Stacks, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Stacks (STX)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing STX with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Stacks (STX) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Stacks is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Stacks would be a useful platform for developers who want to integrate their DApps with the blockchain. It offers a lot of benefits, including the financial profits. With added security and modern technologies, users won’t only enjoy the functions and features, but they can also enjoy the rewards. This is one reason why users need have the knowledge to buy Stacks (STX).