In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Audius token, if you are planning to buy AUDIO – You’re in the right place!
The decentralized technology isn’t only beneficial for finance and money, but it can be used in cultural and art industry too. This is the idea of Audius platform, providing a place for artists to start their career and to really understand their fan-base. Music is one of the major profitable industries in the world that generates trillions of dollars on a yearly basis. However, only a small percentage of it that really goes to the artist – typically around 10%. This is the main issue that Audius wants to solve. Through Audius, music creators and artists can guarantee their finance and they can manage it on their own terms and conditions.
The Ethereum dApps is expecting to deliver the expected avenues. In general, creators are often left behind. They don’t really have the idea of how much they get from their work after the distribution. Audius acts as a music streaming network with community-owned and decentralized technology giving artists control of their own music. Since the platform is trustless and it uses decentralized system, creators won’t have to worry about censorship or such thing alike – unlike the centralized networks like Youtube or Apple. Moreover, developers are able to build on top of the structure, creating and building new experiences in the ways they like it. The platform has its own data tools to help the artists understand and reach out to their fan-bases well.
Audius (AUDIO) Features
- AudSP. It is the (decentralized) file storage system that is constructed on InterPlanetary File System (IPFS). It is the system enabling artists to upload their music. The network content nodes will then interact with AudSP to enable permissioning feature.
- Audius content ledger. This is the relationship between the Ethereum smart contracts (in Audius platform), POA Network, and other base layer networks interacting with the system. The content ledger would be responsible for recording Audius activities, such as the time when users create (song) libraries or track contents.
- Audius governance. As a community-based network, users can make decisions (among themselves) on different protocol parameters, such as token rewards, fees, royalties, and more.
- $AUDIO token. Users can use this for staking, while fans and artists can try unlocking special perks or toolings. Users can also use it as governance token.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Audius aka AUDIO
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Audius (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Audius as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to Audius. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Audius currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the Audius
- Store your Audius to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Audius, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with Audius:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/AUDIO or ETH/AUDIO trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Audius (AUDIO) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Audius (AUDIO) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Audius. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Audius (AUDIO) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Audius (AUDIO) with Skrill?
You can’t buy AUDIO directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Audius. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Audius (AUDIO) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/AUDIO and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Audius (AUDIO) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/AUDIO trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Audius (AUDIO)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Audius right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Audius (AUDIO)?
Once you have purchased the Audius, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Audius (AUDIO)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing AUDIO with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Audius (AUDIO) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Audius is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Audius would be a perfect spot for music creators and artists. Not only they can introduce their work to the world in an effortless manner, but they can also make sure that they are properly rewarded for their work. Users can use it as a platform to interact with their artists. If you want to join the platform, you will have to buy Audius (AUDIO) first to get access to the platform.