In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Viacoin, if you are planning to buy VIA – You’re in the right place!
Viacoin is one of those ‘old’ crypto platforms, meaning that it has existed for quite a while. Launched in 2014, the platform manages to deal with the competition and everything, and it even manages to gain new interest from global (crypto) community. As one of those old platforms, Viacoin was constructed with Bitcoin protocol. The idea was similar to Bitcoin: to create a decentralized platform with peer-to-peer transactional power and ability.
Of course, the platform won’t be able to survive all these years of it doesn’t have something different or unique. Some of its strength includes mixed mining and hashing algorithm. It may start as the ‘unpopular’ platform, but it has gained positive popularity today where more people are interested in joining the platform.
- Official website: https://viacoin.org/
- Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1840789.0
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/viacoin
- Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/viacoin
- Telegram: https://reddit.com/r/viacoin
- Whitepaper: https://github.com/viacoin/documents/blob/master/whitepapers/Viacoin_fullcolor_whitepaper.pdf
Viacoin (VIA) Features
- Scrypt consensus algorithm. Viacoin and Litecoin share one similarity: Both of them implement Scrypt algorithm because they thought that the algorithm would be resistant to ASIC. Such a thing is no longer an issue because ASIC-resistance has been removed from the algorithm, thanks to technology
- Merged mining. Known more with its popular name of PoW (Proof of Work), users should be able to mine 2 different coins altogether. Merged mining is also known to be resource-friendly and efficient because miners won’t have to use extra electricity to mine two blockchains and then collect rewards.
- Better security. Merged mining promotes increased (thus, better) security because of the (more) established chain’s hash power.
- SegWit and Lightning Network. Even without them, Viacoin is way faster than Bitcoin (try 25 times faster). With the addition of Lightning Network and SegWit, the network scale can even run more effectively through transaction size reduction and payment off-chain channels opening.
- Wallet support. The platform has added several extra supports for the wallets, including Trezor, Ledger Blue, and Ledger Nano S hardware. It even develops Viacoin CoPay for multi-signature wallet.
- ATM support. Since it has General Bytes ATM support, users can gain access to Viacoin through 1,250 ATMs scattered in 40 different countries. Payments are made easier and more flexible.
- Wider expansion and development. There are several alternative implementations for Viacoin Core in Java, .NET, and also Golang.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Viacoin aka VIA
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Viacoin (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Viacoin as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Viacoin. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Viacoin currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Viacoin
- Store your Viacoin to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
Click here to register (opens in new tab)
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Viacoin, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Viacoin:
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency Only
- Fiat Currencies: N/A
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BCH, EOS, TRX, ONT, ETH, BTC, BTM, AE, OCN, ADA, IHT, XRP, ETC, NAS, LTC, & over 565+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1118+
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency, Express Polish Post Office 24/7, Wire transfer, GBP bank transfers
- Fiat Currencies: USD, EUR, PLN, GBP and 47+ More
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, TRX, LTC, DASH, XMR, XLM, OMG & 512+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1044+
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the VIA/BTC or VIA/ETH or VIA/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you VIA/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy Viacoin (VIA)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Viacoin (VIA) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Viacoin (VIA) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Viacoin. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Viacoin (VIA) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Viacoin (VIA) with Skrill?
You can’t buy VIA directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Viacoin. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Viacoin (VIA) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair VIA/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Viacoin (VIA) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support VIA/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Viacoin (VIA)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the Viacoin right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Viacoin (VIA)?
Once you have purchased the Viacoin, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Viacoin (VIA)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing VIA with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Viacoin (VIA) and Not Buying It?
Yes, you can.
Viacoin may look like a regular peer-to-peer platform for micropayments, but it has been perfected and developed. There are many unique features to find here that users won’t be able to find elsewhere. Not to mention that it is an ideal platform for saving and investing. Interested users are always welcomed, but they need to buy Viacoin (VIA) first to join.