In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Handshake, if you are planning to buy HNS coin – You’re in the right place!
Handshake is a decentralized platform focuses on permissionless system to incentivize computer network distribution so it can operate or run a system intended for domain name ownership. It runs on peer-to-peer mechanism instead of using a third party role, which is in this case is the role of ICANN – Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers. Through Handshake, each peer would be tasked with managing and validating DNS naming zone. The purpose is to provide another alternative (another possible solution) to the current naming systems and certificate authorities.
Handshake understands that social networking domains and handles in the internet are still depending on centralized system, which has its own flaws. Not only it is sensitive to fraud and cyber attacks, the system itself is also weak and flimsy. That’s why Handshake wants to solve the issue through implementing peer-to-peer mechanism to create a decentralized ecosystem.
Table of Contents
Handshake (HNS) Features
- Handshake Coin. This is the coin system that is used and implemented for name registration. Participants can register, transfer, and update internet names efficiently. Then, the community can place bids or initiate auctions for TLD by using the HNS. Users can also trade HNS with other cryptocurrency.
- Not a blockchain project. Handshake’s main purpose isn’t about decentralizing the current and existing DNS infrastructure because DNS is ALREADY a decentralized system. Handshake is targeting the root zone. The platform wants to decentralize that area as well as the top level domains.
- Unique operation. Handshake is a blockchain protocol that is based on UTXO to manage the renewal, registration, and also transfer of DNS TLDs (Top Level Domains). The main objective is not about replacing DNS, but about replacing the root servers and root zone file.
- Certificate authorities alternative. The reason why Handshake is using a (decentralized) anchor and trust is to focus more on domain ownership.
- Permissionless and distributed network. The zone file implemented permissionless and distributed mechanism, so any participant should be able to serve (as a validator or host) or to add entry. They have the right to do so and they can do it.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Handshake aka HNS
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Handshake (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Handshake as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to Handshake. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Handshake currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the Handshake
- Store your Handshake to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Handshake, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with Handshake:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the HNS/BTC or HNS/ETH trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Handshake (HNS) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Handshake (HNS) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Handshake. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Handshake (HNS) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Handshake (HNS) with Skrill?
You can’t buy HNS directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Handshake. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Handshake (HNS) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair HNS/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Handshake (HNS) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support HNS/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Handshake (HNS)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Handshake right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Handshake (HNS)?
Once you have purchased the Handshake, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Handshake (HNS)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing HNS with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Handshake (HNS) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Handshake is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Handshake is designed as a platform that can transform the way internet runs and operate. It isn’t designed to dominate, but to bring better transformation, methods, and mechanism, so everything can run and operate on decentralized manner. However, interested users must buy Handshake (HNS) if they want to get into the platform and be a part of the transformation.