In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Mina, if you are planning to buy MINA coin – You’re in the right place!
Mina is claimed as the lightest blockchain in the world (and ever existed). It’s able to do such a thing because it is powered and run by participants. The platform is creating a gateway between the crypto world and also real world, along with the infrastructure for a solid platform that focuses on democracy and security.
Mina is unique because it’s definitely different from the other platforms. It is a lightweight platform with only a size of 22 kB, no matter the numbers of transactions being done on the network. With this size, users are able to operate and run a node. Users are required to help keep the security on the platform without having to deal with advanced computer hardware. Its main purpose is to help with network transaction without dealing with common issues of scalability or high fees.
Blockchain technology is increasing in popularity and use. However, the common problem is: The more popular a platform is, the bigger the memory it needs. Ethereum, for example, only needed 5 GB in April 2016, but in April 2021, the size has exceeded 220 GB. Within only 5 years, millions of transactions have been done and it takes toll on the size. This is the common plague that Mina Protocol wants to avoid. With MINA, the native cryptocurrency, users are able to make use of the platform to their best benefits.
- Official website: https://minaprotocol.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/minaprotocol
- Telegram: https://t.me/minaprotocol
- Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/MinaProtocol
- Whitepaper: https://docs.minaprotocol.com/en
Mina (MINA) Features
- Easy access. Whereas other blockchain platforms need intermediaries to manage (and run) the nodes because they are heavy, it isn’t necessarily so for Mina. Because of its convenient weight, users can manage peer to peer connection. Because of this ability, users should always be able to access the platform easy and manage their transactions there.
- Users are full node. Mina is designed so that every user can participate and act as full node. Since users run the node, it doesn’t need any heavy system or complicated mechanism.
- dApps access and convenience. Mina has its own dApps, called as Snapps, where users are able to control their own data. Thanks to Snapps, scalability is made simple. The platform doesn’t need big or complex computation, which results in cost effective and efficient network.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade MINA
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Mina (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Mina as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Mina. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Mina currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Mina
- Store your Mina to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
Click here to register (opens in new tab)
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Mina, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Mina:
- Deposit Methods: Cryptocurrency Only
- Fiat Currencies: N/A
- Supported Cryptocurrencies: BCH, EOS, TRX, ONT, ETH, BTC, BTM, AE, OCN, ADA, IHT, XRP, ETC, NAS, LTC, & over 1040+ more
- Trading Pairs: 1801+
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the MINA/BTC or MINA/ETH or MINA/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you MINA/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy Mina (MINA)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Mina (MINA) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Mina (MINA) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Mina. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Mina (MINA) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Mina (MINA) with Skrill?
You can’t buy MINA directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Mina. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Mina (MINA) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair MINA/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Mina (MINA) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support MINA/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Mina (MINA)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the Mina right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Mina (MINA)?
Once you have purchased the Mina, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Mina (MINA)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing MINA with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Mina (MINA) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Mina is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Mina Protocol is unique because it is about maintaining the lightweight size despite its busy activities. Not only it is meant to address scalability issue and also to prevent common issues related to the always-growing size, but it is about encouraging users to take part and participate. Those who want to participate must buy Mina first before they can finally join.