In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy TerraUSD, if you are planning to buy UST – You’re in the right place!
The developer responsible for TerraUSD platform has seen the benefits of cryptocurrency as well as its flaws. Crypto money combines best worlds of Bitcoin and fiat money, but at the same time, not many people adopt it. The main problem with cryptocurrency is the dramatic price fluctuation. It’s because the value heavily depends on network effects.
Basically, if the network flops, the currency will experience the negative effect too. That’s why TerraUSD is created with the main concept of creating stable price and value. Stability is reached through stable mining incentives for elastic money supply. The platform is designed to support everyday transactions – which mean that more apps would be integrated with it.
TerraUSD (UST) Features
- Governance system. Users can take part in the governance system to determine the future of the platform. Every user can take part in the system through organization funding and proposals. Users can also take part in making dApps decision that can help the users, the platform in general, and increase adoption.
- Consistent mining rewards. The developer believes that stability is possible to achieve once consistency has been met. The smart technology would be able to detect the price deviating away from the peg and then ‘forces’ it back to normal. Stability can be achieved through contracting money supply and expanding money supply.
- Stable rewards on long term basis. This is designed especially for miners because they have a crucial role in Terra’s stability and security. Not only miners are crucial in PoS consensus, but they also absorb the (short-term) volatility.
- Fair and even incentives for miners. Miners are rewarded well for their contribution to the network. They are rewarded in two ways: through transactions fees and through Luna burn (or called seigniorage).
- Future growth and development possibility. The platform is increasing and growing. In the long run, more innovations and developments would be made, including more integration with more apps. Those who are interested in future investment chances will be rewarded handsomely – in the long run.
- Luna support. The UST is mainly supported by Luna so the value will remain stable and maintained.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade TerraUSD aka UST
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the TerraUSD (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the TerraUSD as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to TerraUSD. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports TerraUSD currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the TerraUSD
- Store your TerraUSD to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying TerraUSD, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with TerraUSD:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/UST or ETH/UST trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your TerraUSD (UST) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy TerraUSD (UST) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the TerraUSD. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy TerraUSD (UST) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy TerraUSD (UST) with Skrill?
You can’t buy UST directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to TerraUSD. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy TerraUSD (UST) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/UST and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy TerraUSD (UST) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/UST trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy TerraUSD (UST)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the TerraUSD right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect TerraUSD (UST)?
Once you have purchased the TerraUSD, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell TerraUSD (UST)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing UST with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine TerraUSD (UST) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a TerraUSD is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Terra is about keeping the value and price stable while improving functionalities and performances at the same time. The developer team is working hard in maintaining the stability of the price while making it a solid platform for transactions and payment. At the same time, the platform is fully supported by Luna so the UST’s value stays the same – and remains stable. If you are interested in TerraUSD (UST), then you should have a go at it.