In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Tidal Finance, if you are planning to buy TIDAL token – You’re in the right place!
Tidal Finance is a decentralized insurance market protocol that is constructed on Polkadot. It is a balancer-like market (for insurance) that enables users to create and have customized insurance pools for an asset, or even more assets. The idea is to invite pool creators and reward them later on. The platform is able to reward pool creators with the return’s portion from their own deposits. It’s capital efficiency’s maximization that attracts liquid pools, while (competitive) insurance premium offers would be the one attracting buyers.
The platform is designed to overcome some of the common issues related to blockchain economy, DeFi, and also insurance. As a protocol insurance with higher yields, the platform believes that they can help users get higher yields while insuring (and securing) the overall blockchain economy. In most cases, insurance pool (which reserves capital) would be underutilized while the long term return (for the invested capital) is typically low. As a result, such a mechanism often fails to incentivize the liquidity providers. When compared to other yield farming DeFi products, the insurance pool is the least attractive.
Because of this issue, liquidity providers then increase the insurance cost so they can get return (on their capital). It impacts the cover buyer as they have to deal with higher rate. Costly insurance has never been attractive.
Tidal Finance (TIDAL) Features
- Pool templates and (pool) creation. Users are able to create the (insurance) pool templates. They simply choose the covered assets and smart contracts. It is possible that the coverage may come as a mix of various coins from various platforms, such as Aave YFI, mStable USDC, Uniswap ETH, and others. The users are able to choose the asset from the available platform on the market and set the coverage duration.
- Pool template statistics and ranking. The template statistics are gathered from previous created similar templates. The statistics would be monitored and displayed to assist buyers and liquidity providers to choose the best product for their needs. The feature may seem simple, but it is extremely useful.
- Control algorithm. This is a feature to help pool creators to mitigate risk exposure and to avoid insolvency. Users are able to adjust it via community proposals.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Tidal Finance aka TIDAL
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Tidal Finance (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Tidal Finance as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Tidal Finance. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Tidal Finance currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Tidal Finance
- Store your Tidal Finance to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Tidal Finance, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Tidal Finance:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the TIDAL/BTC or TIDAL/ETH or TIDAL/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you TIDAL/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy Tidal Finance (TIDAL)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Tidal Finance (TIDAL) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Tidal Finance (TIDAL) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Tidal Finance. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Tidal Finance (TIDAL) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Tidal Finance (TIDAL) with Skrill?
You can’t buy TIDAL directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Tidal Finance. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Tidal Finance (TIDAL) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair TIDAL/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Tidal Finance (TIDAL) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support TIDAL/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Tidal Finance (TIDAL)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the Tidal Finance right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Tidal Finance (TIDAL)?
Once you have purchased the Tidal Finance, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Tidal Finance (TIDAL)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing TIDAL with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Tidal Finance (TIDAL) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Tidal Finance is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Tidal Finance is created to simplify the entire process of DeFi insurance. Users are able to contribute funds, which would be used for insuring dApps. The platform wants to improve capital efficiency for any DeFi investor taking an interest in insurance. However, the only way to join the platform is through token purchase, which means that users must buy Tidal Finance (TIDAL) first.