In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Augur, if you are planning to buy REP token – You’re in the right place!
Augur is a decentralized oracle and peer-to-peer prediction market protocol. Augur is free, public, open source software, with sections released under the General Public License (GPL) and some under the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) license. Augur is a collection of Solidity-based smart contracts that may be put on the Ethereum network.
The Augur Protocol is an attempt to overcome one of the most challenging challenges confronting software developers seeking to build useful blockchain applications, specifically smart contracts. Augur is a decentralized peer-to-peer oracle that operates on a prediction market system. The Augur oracle enables data to be transferred from the real world to a blockchain without the use of a trusted intermediary or third party. As a result, Augur is not a prediction market. It’s a technology that allows bitcoin users to set up their own prediction markets.
Table of Contents
Augur (REP) Features
- Augur v2. It was launched in 2020, using DAI as the trading currency and Peer-to-Peer orderbooks powered by 0x’s Mesh technology. Augur v2 is still operational today, with a complicated trading application for users that want an order book experience. Augur v2 includes custom market creation, similar to v1, for users who want to construct arbitrary market kinds. Developers may note the removal of the “Augur Node” component, as much of the blockchain indexing work in the browser was done via the Augur SDK.
- Augur Turbo. It is Augur’s most recent deployment, developed primarily for recurrent markets like as sports, cryptocurrency, economics, and politics. Turbo leverages the nearly-zero transaction price by providing a simple user experience built on top of Balancer AMMs on Polygon. Without any user involvement, markets are automatically formed and resolved at periodic intervals utilizing Chainlink data, providing daily and fast-resolving markets for sports and crypto. Its trading currency is USDC, and it pays liquidity miners with wMatic.
- Sportsbook. It is a second user interface for Turbo contracts. It is intended for sports bettors and aims to simplify crypto-specific and trading-specific UX for them. It also features an Odds Converter, which allows users to convert and compare odds based on their preferences.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Augur aka REP
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Augur (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Augur as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Augur. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Augur currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Augur
- Store your Augur to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Augur, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Augur:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the REP/BTC or REP/ETH or REP/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you REP/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy Augur (REP)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Augur (REP) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Augur (REP) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Augur. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Augur (REP) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Augur (REP) with Skrill?
You can’t buy REP directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Augur. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Augur (REP) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair REP/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Augur (REP) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support REP/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Augur (REP)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the Augur right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Augur (REP)?
Once you have purchased the Augur, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Augur (REP)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing REP with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Augur (REP) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Augur is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Augur (REP) was among the first significant blockchain initiatives. The fact that the project took so long to exit beta harmed the platform’s credibility. However, it has grown steadily as users and investors return to the initiative. As a result, there is still a strong likelihood that the platform may ultimately replace the requirement for centralized option and futures trading, albeit it has a long way to go before reaching this goal.