In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Convex Finance, if you are planning to buy CVX token – You’re in the right place!
Convex Finance is a decentralized (and inventive) DeFi protocol that is constructed on top of Curve Finance as a stablecoin exchange. Within its core, Convex would reward liquidity providers on Curve (along with the CRV stakers) with extra DeFi outcome and yields. Convex does aggressive push to lock as much (Curve) liquidity as possible, causing the protocol to go into a ‘war’ with Yearn Finance (at least in DeFi sector). Both projects require as many CRV tokens as possible to maintain the increasing interest rates for liquidity providers in Curve.
Convex Finance is created with a relatively simple concept and basic: It’s created to boost Curve staking. That’s it and that’s all. The platform is a decentralized network designed for Curve liquidity providers and also CRV token holders, so they can get extra interest rewards as well as (Curve) trading fees within their tokens. As it was mentioned before, the platform offers boosted staking for Curve.
Curve itself is a (decentralized) exchange or DEX focusing heavily and solely on stablecoins. Stablecoins are not as volatile as other cryptocurrencies, making them ideal for liquidity providers, especially those who want to avoid impermanent losses. Moreover, the reward structure is what makes Curve appealing for liquidity providers. The CRV, Curve token, is issued as (yield farming) rewards for liquidity providers. They are able to convert easily to veCRV or vote escrowed CRV.
Table of Contents
Convex Finance (CVX) Features
- Liquidity providers benefits. They can earn CRV conveniently with a better push and boost. They only need to deposit their Curve (LP) tokens so they can get the boosted CRV, CVX tokens, and (Curve) trading fees. Boost would be pooled from CRV stakers so they won’t have to worry about anything, including locking themselves.
- CRV stakers perks. These stakers can basically put their CRV to active mode and to work. They simply stake their CVX tokens and get additional CRV on top of those tokens. They can also get Curve trading fees while doing it.
- CVX token. Users are able to stake their CVX in order to earn more. It would be smart for users to stake their CVX rewards so they can earn the platform fees. This type of investment can earn them passive income that would be fruitful and advantageous on the long run.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Convex Finance aka CVX
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Convex Finance (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Convex Finance as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Convex Finance. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Convex Finance currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Convex Finance
- Store your Convex Finance to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Convex Finance, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Convex Finance:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the CVX/BTC or CVX/ETH or CVX/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you CVX/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy Convex Finance (CVX)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Convex Finance (CVX) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Convex Finance (CVX) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Convex Finance. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Convex Finance (CVX) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Convex Finance (CVX) with Skrill?
You can’t buy CVX directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Convex Finance. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Convex Finance (CVX) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair CVX/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Convex Finance (CVX) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support CVX/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Convex Finance (CVX)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the Convex Finance right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Convex Finance (CVX)?
Once you have purchased the Convex Finance, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Convex Finance (CVX)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing CVX with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Convex Finance (CVX) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Convex Finance is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Simply put, Convex Finance would make the entire experience of boosting the Curve simple and pretty straightforward, and it can be managed in such a way to max out the yields. It’s definitely not for everyone, but it can be rewarding for those who also make a serious investment in Curve. Anyone interested in joining Convex should buy Convex Finance (CVX) before they can join the ecosystem.