In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Mars, if you are planning to buy MARS token – You’re in the right place!
Mars is the future credit protocol: non-custodial, transparent, algorithmic, open-source, and community-governed. Mars, like banks, seeks deposits and lends this money while managing liquidity issues and bankruptcy risk. Mars, as opposed to banks, is a completely automated, on-chain credit facility administered by a decentralized community through a transparent governance mechanism. The Martian Council makes all decisions, and it is made up of MARS stakeholders who put their money on the line to backstop specific types of protocol risk in exchange for a percentage of the protocol borrowing fees.
IDEO CoLab Ventures, Delphi Labs, and Terraform Labs are working together to create the Mars Protocol. Mars is powered by a completely automated, on-chain credit facility built on the Terra blockchain. Interest rates, like conventional credit procedures, are priced algorithmically based on usage rate. Mars, in contrast to traditional credit procedures, employs a dynamic interest rate framework based on control theory, allowing for improved reactivity and capital efficiency.
Mars (MARS) Features
- The Red Bank. The Red Bank is a collection of smart contracts that allow users to deposit assets and possibly earn fees from borrowers of those assets. Depositors may, at their discretion, use their deposits as security to borrow more assets.
- The Fields of Mars. Users in the Fields of Mars can engage with highly specialized smart contracts that exist outside of and apart from the Red Bank. They are, however, pre-approved to borrow from the Red Bank without the need to post collateral. This is referred to as Contract-to-Contract (C2C) borrowing. It permits the development of applications or apps on top of the Red Bank for unique purposes. The first use of C2B financing is leveraged yield farming.
- Martian Council. It governs the deployed Mars protocol, which is a specific collection of smart contracts on Terra. This council, made up of a DAO of xMARS holders, proposes and votes on critical decisions about the parameters of the deployed Mars smart contracts as well as the usage of tokens staked or otherwise accumulated in the Mars smart contract treasury. Decisions may include new asset listing, asset risk parameters, credit limit to smart contracts (C2C Lending), treasury spending, and other factors.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Mars aka MARS
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Mars (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Mars as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Mars. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Mars currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Mars
- Store your Mars to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Mars, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Mars:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the MARS/BTC or MARS/ETH or MARS/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you MARS/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy Mars (MARS)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Mars (MARS) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Mars (MARS) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Mars. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Mars (MARS) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Mars (MARS) with Skrill?
You can’t buy MARS directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Mars. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Mars (MARS) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair MARS/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Mars (MARS) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support MARS/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Mars (MARS)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the Mars right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Mars (MARS)?
Once you have purchased the Mars, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Mars (MARS)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing MARS with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Mars (MARS) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Mars is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
In terms of future goals, Mars Protocol is a decentralized project to which anybody can freely participate by submitting a proposal to the DAO. Mars Mechanism is a brand-new credit protocol designed specifically for the Terra ecology. It prioritizes accessibility and composability, not only for crypto natives, but also for the industry’s next billion users. MARS will be a catalyst for Terra’s next wave of exponential adoption by delivering actual utility to all kinds of value. The future is waiting.