In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Ocean Protocol, if you are planning to buy OCEAN – You’re in the right place!
Data Protocol provides a place for data owners to monetize their data, giving them the rights to gain profit over their own data. Data is the gold mine of modern world. Unfortunately, the majority of people don’t know this. It makes governments and companies are in full control of the data, harvesting it in order to make profits from the data. Facebook or Google, for instance, have developed ways to harvest the users’ data – and make money out of it. In most cases, they do it through advertising.
They also use AI systems. With the increased collected data, the AI also experience better accuracy. That’s why advertisements become more targeted. However, it is the companies controlling the data that get the streams of revenue – not the owner of the data themselves. This is the issue that Ocean Protocol wants to address. This platform wants to give the rights and control to the data owners so they can also enjoy the financial profits, if they want to do it.
Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) Features
- Full control of the data owners. They have full rights and control over their data, and no one can dispute it. Whether they want to use it, sell it, or even destroy it, they are allowed to do it.
- Converting waste into money. The data is basically a ‘waste’ for the users although it can be valuable information for others. Wouldn’t it be great if you can convert waste into money?
- Monetize opportunity. All these times, people don’t know that their precious data can be actually sold. With modern people use computer and digital gadgets on a daily basis, the possibility to generate data is abundant. Even with the lowest earning, you can enjoy quite a lot of money in the end, especially if you can do it on regular intervals.
- Prosperity support. The platform is designed to encourage wealth spread and even distributed through data distribution and collections. Rewards are provided consistently to ensure fair and even distribution.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Ocean Protocol aka OCEAN
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Ocean Protocol (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Ocean Protocol as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to Ocean Protocol. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Ocean Protocol currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the Ocean Protocol
- Store your Ocean Protocol to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Ocean Protocol, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with Ocean Protocol:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/OCEAN or ETH/OCEAN trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Ocean Protocol. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) with Skrill?
You can’t buy OCEAN directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Ocean Protocol. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/OCEAN and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/OCEAN trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Ocean Protocol (OCEAN)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Ocean Protocol right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Ocean Protocol (OCEAN)?
Once you have purchased the Ocean Protocol, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Ocean Protocol (OCEAN)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing OCEAN with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Ocean Protocol is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
It’s nice to have a platform that puts control and wealth consideration for the users, and this is what Ocean Protocol is all about. All these times, data owners are always neglected and disregarded. This time, the control is given back to the owners so they have the full control over their own data. If you are interested in the idea of monetizing your data while still having full control over it, then Ocean Protocol (OCEAN) would be a promising platform.