In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy AirSwap, if you are planning to buy AST – You’re in the right place!
AirSwap would be an ideal platform for traders who want to trade off their ETH tokens. Since it is using a peer to peer mechanism, traders can connect to each other directly and secure their transactions through smart contracts. The platform was set up in 2017 with Fluidity Operations LLC as the parent organization. AirSwap co-founders are Sam Tabar, Don Mosites, and Michael Oved – whom are also responsible for the founding of Fluidity. As if it weren’t enough, Joseph Lubin (ConsenSys CEO) and Mike Novogratz (Galaxy Digital CEO) are AirSwap’s advisors. They are both the well-known cryptocurrency investors.
This platform was designed to help traders eliminate common challenges and obstacles, such as front running (which can lead to manipulation), privacy issue, and slow processing time. With direct interaction, effective trading can be managed and executed – minimizing all those possible issues.
AirSwap (AST) concerns with several problems occurring in the use of decentralized exchange. Therefore, they are building a protocol that easily regulates a peer to peer trading ecosystem while using a decentralized exchange on the Ethereum blockchain. The idea came up when the team of the AirSwap realized there was an urgent need to trade ERC-20 tokens faster. These fast transaction speeds use AST tokens.
While they have to compete with other decentralized exchanges in terms of technology, transaction speeds, and security, the AirSwap’s approach seems to be outstanding as they have created a platform that allow traders to carry out peer-to-peer transactions securely and let them get access to their tokens during the transaction process. Traders basically take advantages of the local Bitcoin-based transaction through a crypto exchange.
AirSwap (AST) Features
- Direct interaction. There are no middle men between traders or transactions. Members are freely trading their tokens directly right away. The absence of these middle men leads to no (or very minimal) transaction fee.
- AirSwap Widget. This widget is designed so users are able to buy tokens within the website directly. Users or traders can gain direct access to the trading without having to use different website exchanges.
- Free service. You won’t have to pay anything to use the AirSwap.
- Potential staking benefits. The use of tokens (AST) isn’t for fees, but more for staking benefits and promising profit.
- AirSwap Spaces. These are the rooms where users post their need in trading. They can write what tokens they are interested in. And these rooms also allow negotiation and chat in private and encrypted manner. Users are allowed to perform trades from their Spaces.
- Peer-to-peer Protocol. Unlike traditional crypto exchanges that act as a middle man between two traders and charge extra fee for the exchange, AirSwap uses peer-to-peer protocol. It means, the users involved in a trade are able to discover and negotiate with each other in a secure and more intuitive environment. With that goal in mind, the AirSwap team has created a friction-free value network that can accessed globally, allowing a secure and private decentralized exchange between peers.
- High Security Level. Compared to any centralized exchange, decentralized crypto exchanges keep transactions more anonymous and protect users from vulnerable third party exchange wallets that can threat their currency. That is why funds on AirSwap are held only in a decentralized account thus they are not prone to attacks, front-running, and other abuses.
- Fairness in Mind. AirSwap project is interesting because it was designed with fairness in mind. Unlike most other crypto exchanges that often suffer from front-running and race conditions, this peer-to-peer exchange commits to sidestep these problems.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade AirSwap aka AST
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the AirSwap (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the AirSwap as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to AirSwap. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports AirSwap currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the AirSwap
- Store your AirSwap to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying AirSwap, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with AirSwap:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/AST or ETH/AST trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your AirSwap (AST) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy AirSwap (AST) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the AirSwap. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy AirSwap (AST) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy AirSwap (AST) with Skrill?
You can’t buy AST directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to AirSwap. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy AirSwap (AST) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/AST and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy AirSwap (AST) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/AST trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy AirSwap (AST)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the AirSwap right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect AirSwap (AST)?
Once you have purchased the AirSwap, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell AirSwap (AST)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing AST with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine AirSwap (AST) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a AirSwap is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
AirSwap enables sophisticated trading system these days, and you can be sure that they will do tons of improvements for future reference. The platform understands that there are still more challenges in the technology; which encourages them to do more innovations and creations. The tokens themselves aren’t only good for gaining access to the platform, but also for staking. It’s advisable to know how (and where) to buy AirSwap token so you will enjoy unlimited access to the platform.