In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Curve DAO Token, if you are planning to buy CRV – You’re in the right place!
If you are interested in crypto trading, you may find Curve Finance to be appealing. It is a decentralized exchange platform, built on Ethereum. This platform is design to deliver efficient trading mechanism between cryptocurrencies (with the same value). It also provides relatively high (annual) interest returns on the funds (which were deposited by the liquidity providers). The recent launch of the CRV (which is the governance token) has turned the platform into a DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Organization).
Curve Finance was created by Michael Egorov, a Russian physicist who has been interested in crypto investment since 2013. In 2016, he set up NyCypher. It started out as a fintech company specializing in encryption. It then transformed to a crypto/blockchain project in 2018. The basic concept is that Curve Finance provides liquidity through the deposited funds to other (DeFi) protocols, like Compound. When other protocols (like Compound) produce interest, it is passed on to the liquidity providers, including come CRV tokens and trading fees cut (from Curve platform).
Curve DAO Token (CRV) Features
- Asset pools. Curve Finance consists of asset pools – all of which have cryptocurrencies having the same worth of value. The pools currently have 3 stablecoins and the remaining ones have different Bitcoin-wrapped versions, like sBTC, renBTC, and wBTC.
- High interest. The deposited funds produce high interest promise. The pools produce 300% return a year for the liquidity providers.
- Assets supports. Many may question why there is a platform that only allows trades between the-same-worth-amount assets. However, it seems that Egorov has made some observations and found out that there is actually a (legitimate) demand for this kind of trade, especially in DeFi. Not to mention that the team is thinking about assets supports, beyond these Bitcoin-wrapped versions and stablecoins.
- Open decentralized system. Since the launch of CRV tokens to new liquidity providers (as well as the former providers), the DAO becomes more decentralized. Users have the voting rights, especially those of the token holders.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Curve DAO Token aka CRV
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Curve DAO Token (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Curve DAO Token as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to Curve DAO Token. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Curve DAO Token currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the Curve DAO Token
- Store your Curve DAO Token to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Curve DAO Token, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with Curve DAO Token:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/CRV or ETH/CRV trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Curve DAO Token (CRV) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Curve DAO Token (CRV) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Curve DAO Token. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Curve DAO Token (CRV) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Curve DAO Token (CRV) with Skrill?
You can’t buy CRV directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Curve DAO Token. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Curve DAO Token (CRV) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/CRV and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Curve DAO Token (CRV) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/CRV trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Curve DAO Token (CRV)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Curve DAO Token right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Curve DAO Token (CRV)?
Once you have purchased the Curve DAO Token, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Curve DAO Token (CRV)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing CRV with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Curve DAO Token (CRV) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Curve DAO Token is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
If you want to enjoy more benefits, especially from financial perspective, you can invest in Curve Finance. Trading is made easier and more profitable, thanks to the available features. Don’t be discouraged by the official website’s layout. Think about the benefits and uses only. One way to access the platform is through buying the token. This is why you need to learn more about the proper way to buy Curve DAO token to really enjoy the benefits.