In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Fantom Coin, if you are planning to buy FTM – You’re in the right place!
Fantom is the product of Fantom Foundation, established in 2018 along with Opera’s launch, which is the mainnet of the platform. Opera was launched in 2019, in December. The platform uses DAG (Directed Acyclic Graph) technology with smart contract core in order to deliver better DeFi service for developers. By using the platform’s own consensus algorithm, the platform is able to deal with issues, usually related to smart-contract mechanism. Fantom also uses its FTM to solve issues related to transaction speed and scalability.
In general, the platform may (seem to) have ambitious plan to build a platform that can have instant transaction in fast speed processing and (almost) with zero cost. They aim to focus on virtual machine (with high-performance quality) for secure and safe execution for the smart contracts. The platform itself functions as a distributed technology ledger focusing on DAG-based environment. In the future, it is possible to build and even power the smart cities, along with the services constituting it.
Fantom (FTM) Features
- Fantom community. Community is a crucial part of a platform – which is unfortunately often neglected. However, in Fantom, the aspect of community is valued and appreciated. After all, a community is important for better cryptocurrency adoption. That’s why community is one of the most appreciated and valued parts of Fantom that gets serious attention.
- Opera Core Layer. In Fantom platform, this is the bottom layer. Its main function is to maintain consensus across nodes within Lachesis Protocol. Moreover, it can create events. It uses DAG technology for transaction confirmation and safe procedures. Moreover, transaction would be processed and then saved within network’s every node.
- Opera Ware Layer. This is the middle layer that is created to execute platform’s functions, like writing Story Data, issuing payments and rewards, and so much more.
- Opera Application Layer. This is the top layer functions as the application layer holding available public APIs. This is the layer that developers use so that their dApps can interface and interact with the Ware layer.
- Fast processing time. With ultra-high transaction speed, the platform prides itself as the IT (infrastructure) backbone for future smart cities.
- Interoperability. The platform can communicate with other service providers, enabling flexibility across various environments and settings.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Fantom aka FTM
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Fantom (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Fantom as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to Fantom. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Fantom currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the Fantom
- Store your Fantom to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Fantom, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with Fantom:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/FTM or ETH/FTM trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Fantom (FTM) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Fantom (FTM) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Fantom. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Fantom (FTM) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Fantom (FTM) with Skrill?
You can’t buy FTM directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Fantom. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Fantom (FTM) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/FTM and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Fantom (FTM) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/FTM trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Fantom (FTM)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Fantom right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Fantom (FTM)?
Once you have purchased the Fantom, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Fantom (FTM)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing FTM with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Fantom (FTM) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Fantom is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
It is possible that Fantom will be a highly desirable platform that isn’t only beneficial, but also profitable in the long run. When it comes to advanced technologies and improved performance, Fantom has many promising features and benefits. In the only way to gain access to the platform is by becoming the users. That’s why interested users need to buy Fantom (FTM) to finally enjoy the benefits.