In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy OMG Network, if you are planning to buy OMG token – You’re in the right place!
OMG Network is designed as layer-2 and non custodial scaling solution that is constructed within Ethereum blockchain. The idea is to enable users to transfer ERC-20 and ETH tokens easily when being transacted on Ethereum network directly. It’s supposed to make the whole process cheaper and faster too.
OMG Network was known as OmiseGo, and it was Omise (payment) processing company that created the network. The company wants OMG crypto to streamline how assets are exchanged and how electronic wallets are issued.
The most common issue with digital payments today is the fact that it happens in a single payment platform, which means that money and funds can’t easily move from one network to another one. Omise wants to change it. They want to leverage the OMG Network to trade (the digital) assets, acting on the behalf of their users. They also want to source liquidity for the trades and facilitate transfers right on the blockchain, serving as real-time market for all participating networks’ assets.
Since OMG Network is created to be multifunction or multi-use; not operating on its own solely. That’s why it is constructed on Ethereum, which means that the assets in OMG could be backed and supported by ETH crypto. Because it uses OMG Network and Ethereum, OMG is sure that e-wallet users would be able to convert and move the assets freely, regardless of the forms. Those assets can be (new) crypto assets, government currencies, or loyalty points.
OMG Network (OMG) Features
- Flexible arrangements. Users can freely move their assets between the two platforms: OMG Network and Ethereum. It gives them the ability and flexibility in managing those assets.
- PoA. The network uses PoA (Proof of Authority) system that results in cheaper execution fees and higher transaction throughput which means that users can enjoy faster operation and mechanism. Even when compared to Ethereum, OMG has faster and better performance.
- Ethereum support. Since OMG Network is built on Ethereum, it has Ethereum as its support system, including the token.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade OMG Network aka OMG
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the OMG Network (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the OMG Network as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to OMG Network. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports OMG Network currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the OMG Network
- Store your OMG Network to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying OMG Network, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with OMG Network:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the OMG/BTC or OMG/ETH or OMG/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you OMG/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy OMG Network (OMG)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your OMG Network (OMG) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy OMG Network (OMG) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the OMG Network. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy OMG Network (OMG) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy OMG Network (OMG) with Skrill?
You can’t buy OMG directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to OMG Network. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy OMG Network (OMG) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair OMG/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy OMG Network (OMG) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support OMG/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy OMG Network (OMG)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the OMG Network right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect OMG Network (OMG)?
Once you have purchased the OMG Network, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell OMG Network (OMG)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing OMG with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine OMG Network (OMG) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a OMG Network is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Users who want to enjoy peer to peer platform with low cost and high throughput outcome can consider joining OMG Network. After all, it is set up as a public and decentralized network that encourages anyone to make valuable transaction regardless of applications, asset classes, and geographies. With OMG Networks, users can manage, transact, and access with (digital) assets that would be securely kept and stored within the blockchain. Interested users must buy OMG Network (OMG) to join.