In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Proton, if you are planning to buy XPR token – You’re in the right place!
Proton is a platform for peer-to-peer payments and also consumer applications. The idea is to provide a safe environment with verified identity account so that users can integrate it to all of their (financial) accounts. As a result, they will be able to enjoy easiness and total freedom in connecting their crypto with fiat, manage funds to buy or sell crypto, and have a direct access to those apps. They don’t have to worry about their sensitive or private info because everything will be kept securely within the platform.
Proton is basically a smart contract platform that doesn’t require private keys sharing. They create permissionless environment existing on top of traditional banks and card networks. Is it safe and sound? Definitely! Users are able to make use of the available technologies, including the security features, to do their financial transactions, including saving and investing. Basically, the platform is designed to be convenient and handy, while boosting performance and function altogether.
Proton (XPR) Features
- Universal names. All users within this platform has their own unique name that is human readable. It makes everything easier. For instance, when a user wants to send a payment to someone else, they simply send $100 to @blake. It’s that easy!
- Verified identity. The chain will keep identity attestations through various identity providers, for both KYB and KYC. Users can provide permission to query these (identity) providers
- Built for stablecoins. The platform also supports multiple stablecoins, ,such as TUSD, PAX, and USDC. Developers can even add their own (coins) within a flexible way that is permission free.
- Fast processing speed. The platform is able to handle 4,000 transactions each second, which makes it super fast and convenient.
- Free fee. There is no gas fee as users can manage their transactions without having to pay anything.
- In-wallet requests for payment. The apps would interact with the platform through the in-wallet (payment) requests, so there is no need to have dApps stores, plugins, or extra tools
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Proton aka XPR
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Proton (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Proton as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy Tether first. After you get the ETH or BTC or USDT, you can convert it to Proton. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum (ETH), Bitcoin (BTC), or Tether (USDT)
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Proton currency and exchange your Ethereum / Bitcoin / Tether with the Proton
- Store your Proton to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) or Tether (USDT)
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Proton, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH or USDT from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH or USDT with Proton:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to the crypto exchange above, Go back to COINBASE and send your Bitcoin/Ethereum/Tether to your new exchange. Find the XPR/BTC or XPR/ETH or XPR/USDT trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies.
Most likely you’ll find this pair available to you XPR/USDT – so you need to convert your BTC or ETH to USDT first in order to buy Proton (XPR)
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Proton (XPR) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Proton (XPR) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Proton. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Proton (XPR) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Proton (XPR) with Skrill?
You can’t buy XPR directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Proton. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Proton (XPR) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair XPR/BTC and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Proton (XPR) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support XPR/ETH trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Proton (XPR)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum or Tether first or to buy the Proton right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Proton (XPR)?
Once you have purchased the Proton, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Proton (XPR)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing XPR with BTC or ETH or USDT – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Proton (XPR) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Proton is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Those who are looking for peer-to-peer platform for managing financial transactions or activities can always consider Proton as their main network. It supports direct interaction among users without compromising privacy, safety, and quality. Users who are tired with costly operation or slow process can always consider joining this platform, but they must buy Proton (XPR) first as the only entryway to the network.