In this guide you’ll get information about where to buy Celo Dollar, if you are planning to buy CUSD token – You’re in the right place!
Celo is a blockchain project that aims at making cryptocurrency available for everyone by making the payment process simple. Celo users can send and receive cryptocurrencies through their mobile phone without long strings of complicated letters and numbers as blockchain addresses. Unlike internet that is not always available in certain parts of the world, mobile phones can be accessed by almost everyone. That is why, the team at Celo decided to use the mobile phone.
In order to make use of mobile phones, the team of Celo created a lightweight and fast Celo protocol which is also scalable for more than billion users of mobile devices all over the world. More importantly, the protocol is meant to be user-friendly.
Celo Dollar (CUSD) Features
- Mobile. Celo utilizes DAppKit that allow the Celo Wallet to work with mobile DApps in accessing the users’ account and signing transactions. The lightweight set of functions of DAppKit leads to a better user experience because DApps can maintain a great native experience without dealing with key management. Since no state or connection management is not required, a simple development experience can be achieved.
- Stable. Celo Dollar is a growing family of native stablecoins that follow the same value as fiat currencies and any other assets such as commodities and even natural resources. It means users can pay transaction fees with their own tokens or stablecoins. Celo Dollar is the first stablecoin supported by Celo in a way that Celo serves as the collateral for Celo Dollar, making the transaction reliable, cheap, and fast.
- Usable. Using Celo’s decentralized phone verification protocol. Users can send currency to any mobile number easily and get access to a growing community of global cash-in cash-out choices freely. Sending funds is easy and safe with no extra charging fees.
Where to Buy, Sell and Trade Celo Dollar aka CUSD
You can basically use debit card, credit card, or even PayPal to buy the Celo Dollar (or any other cryptocurrencies). However, the transaction won’t be direct. It’s not like you pay with cash and you get the Celo Dollar as the exchange.
With cryptocurrency, things are different. You need to use debit card or credit card to buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin first. After you get the Ethereum or Bitcoin, you can convert it to Celo Dollar. It takes several stages and processes. You need to gain access to the reputable cryptocurrency exchange first to make sure that everything is safe and sound.
In general, the process would be:
- You go to the online exchange and buy the Ethereum or Bitcoin
- Find a crypto exchange that supports Celo Dollar currency and exchange your Ethereum or Bitcoin with the Celo Dollar
- Store your Celo Dollar to a secured wallet
Step 1: Buy Bitcoin (BTC) or Ethereum (ETH) at Coinbase
There is no better way to get started with cryptocurrencies than aiming high for the big boys. You have to buy your first shares of Bitcoin or Ethereum by creating an account at COINBASE. The best to do so is by creating a confirmed account in the platform and explore your options.
Get $10 Bonus when you sign up for Coinbase!
- You will be asked to through the process of confirming your e-mail address as well as verifying your identity. It would be best if you went through that procedure at once to avoid any issues before putting money on the platform. Coinbase will ask for personal information such as your home phone number, your address, and proof of your identity using an official document such as a passport or a driver’s license.
- Keep in mind that Coinbase takes some time to verify your ID, but once your account is verified, things can move forward on your end. By confirming your identity, you will have better security on your account, and the people working at Coinbase will be able to help you with easy on any issue you face. You will also be able to trade larger numbers of money on your transactions as well as other perks related to the trading information the goes inside the platform.
- You can also manage your payment options. As we mentioned previously, the sites make it very easy to handle FIAT money to pay for the altcoins you want to have in your portfolio. You can check in your bank account to make direct deposits or withdrawals. While this method is excellent, it takes at least two days to verify it on Coinbase’s end. You can also register your credit cards, debit cards, and even your PayPal account in the buy/sell link located on the top menu.
That’s the first step in buying Celo Dollar, once you get your Bitcoin or Ethereum, you can continue to the next step.
Step 2: Choosing the Best Cryptocurrency Exchange for Your Investments
After you have your Coinbase account, you need to choose a cryptocurrency exchange to make your deals, then you need to transfer your newly purchased BTC or ETH from your Coinbase wallet.
With so many options out there and so many unbalanced reviews across the internet, it can be quite challenging to choose the right exchange service. Since we are looking out for you and we are interested in making you win money as well, we have taken the liberty of picking ten of the best ranking exchanges you can contact on the internet. For the sake of transparency, we can tell you that our operations keep running each time you click on these recommendations.
These are the best exchanges we can recommend for you to exchange BTC or ETH with Celo Dollar:
IMPORTANT! Once you are registered to any of the above, find the BTC/CUSD or ETH/CUSD trading pair and then place the order to buy those pairing cryptocurrencies. Go back to COINBASE and transfer/exchange your Bitcoin/Ethereum.
Step 3: Managing Your Crypto Assets in a Secure Wallet
As your portfolio of crypto assets expand, you will need to have a crypto wallet to keep your goods safe. There are thousands of service providers on that end, and choosing the right one would take an entirely new guide to share some knowledge about this topic.
You can install one of these wallets in your hardware. That way, you can keep your currencies in your devices, such as your desktop or laptop. If you prefer, you can also use an online wallet to keep your holdings safe on the internet.
There are also options to have mobile wallets installed on your smart device, but most of them are lacking in the space department. The final option would be a paper wallet, which is nothing more than a euphemism to get an official legal document that states the content of your wallet and the keys to gain access to them.
For Securing your Celo Dollar (CUSD) We recommend you to use hardware wallet which support many cryptocurrencies – Choose between these two: Ledger or Trezor
LEDGER NANO-X: Securely trade on-the-go and manage a large number of assets at the same time, with only one device.
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to Manage
- Supported Coins: 1200+
TREZOR MODEL-T: The next-generation cryptocurrency hardware wallet, designed to be your universal vault for all of your digital assets. Store and encrypt your coins, passwords and other digital keys with confidence.
- Invented for your digital independence
- keeps your keys safe
- Easily back up your entire wallet
- Supported Coins: 1093+
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Can I Buy Celo Dollar (CUSD) with PayPal?
You won’t be able to buy this directly with PayPal. If you are going to use PayPal, you need to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum first and then exchange it with the Celo Dollar. You can use LocalBitcoins to find BTC or ETH seller who accept paypal as payment.
Can I Buy Celo Dollar (CUSD) with Cash?
You can’t buy it directly, you need to get bitcoin/ethereum first. buying BTC or ETH with cash you can do the following:
- Make sure you have a BTC / ETH wallet before you buy from seller
- Go to LocalBitcoins and find person in your area who sells bitcoin/ethereum and accept cash.
Can I Buy Celo Dollar (CUSD) with Skrill?
You can’t buy CUSD directly with skrill but you can buy Bitcoin/Ethereum first using Skrill and exchange it later to Celo Dollar. You can buy BTC/ETH with skrill by using these exchanges::
Can I Buy Celo Dollar (CUSD) with Bitcoin?
Yes, you are basically exchanging your Bitcoin with this. Just head to any exchanges listed above, find trading pair BTC/CUSD and begin the transactions.
Can I Buy Celo Dollar (CUSD) with Ethereum?
Yes, the process is similar to using Bitcoin: Find a criptocurrency exchange which support ETH/CUSD trading pair.
What Is the Best Payment Method to Buy Celo Dollar (CUSD)?
The cheapest way is to use bank account to buy Bitcoins first or to buy the Celo Dollar right away. The fastest way is to use a credit card but you will then be charged higher fees.
How to Protect Celo Dollar (CUSD)?
Once you have purchased the Celo Dollar, transfer it to your wallet. We recommend using hardware wallet, here are some recommendations:
How to Sell Celo Dollar (CUSD)?
Find a crypto exchange which allow pairing CUSD with BTC or ETH – convert it back to Bitcoin or Ethereum, then sell your BTC or ETH for a fiat currency.
Can I Mine Celo Dollar (CUSD) and Not Buying It?
You can’t mine this actually. It has a completely different network and structure than the regular Bitcoin. The only way to own a Celo Dollar is to buy it from a reliable exchange.
Celo has gained massive adoption in the crypto community even though it has not yet gained mainstream acceptance. Until today, almost 100 companies have supported and sponsored the project in some ways. It means that many parties support and believe in its mission to create prosperity to everyone. It is not impossible that Celo token will grow larger as Celo is backed by large, diverse, and passionate community. Moreover, more people seem to be attracted to the project because it makes crypto understandable and approachable for them.